Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dealer dropped bowtech.

Old 12-20-2003, 02:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dealer dropped bowtech.

Lefse: in regards to you being commended for coming back and explaining your motive(s) to those who feelings you seem to have hurt, I offer another process.

The next time you have something to say, why don't you first submit your comments to some of these "play-by-my-rules-only" individuals for editing so they can choose not to post your comments, or to edit your comments so that what you have to say corresponds with what they want to read... or not read.

On the other hand, just bite the bullet and get used to hearing the whining of those that only want comments to concur with their opinions, advice, and way of thinking.
c903, have you ever looked in the mirror?
Old 12-20-2003, 11:38 AM

ORIGINAL: c903

Typo. See! Confronting misinformation has provided factual information.
C903, this is exactly what we've done, if it's ok for you to do why can't anyone else???
Old 12-20-2003, 01:42 PM

I will be the first to admit that I can be quite argumentive, and there is a purpose to my madness, but I do not whine and cry when someone does not agree with me or someone does not like a piece of gear that I might prefer.

Some here act as though their mother has been verbally defamed when someone does not like a certain bow, has a different opinion, or does not agree with something said. If I express that I don't agree with something, too bad a person's feelings might be hurt or they feel their believed status is subordinated.

If I do not agree with something or have a different opinion, too bad a person's feelings might be hurt or they feel their believed status is subordinated. Maybe HuntingNet should start a forum category where conflicting opinions and information is not allowed and everyone can sit and hold cyber-hands. [:@]
Old 12-20-2003, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

C903, I'm not here to argue with you. Disagreeing is part of this board. If we all had the same views and tasts for gear, then what would be the point of this board. Disagreeing in a disrespectful manner is not. I'm not one for suger coating anything, and obviously, you aren't either. But the fact of the matter is, you have not shown a whole lot of respect to others views regardless of whether you agree, or disagree. To me, this is very distastful. I don't always agree with everything said on here, but I try to respect others views and try to elaborate on why I look at something differently.

I feel everyone here demands respect. Whether a rookie archer, or a seasoned veteren, all views are welcome.

Think....then type.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey all, I'm gonna take this back off topic (I know, what's new?)...

In my travels in the western part of Indiana, I saw one road named Gobblers Knob Rd. and one named We We Hill Rd.

Hey, when your traveling a couple hundred miles a day and don't have anyone riding with you, it's funnier...

BTW, These roads were in the same area as a road that I had to travel crossed a creek 4 times.... Without bridges... You had to drive through the creek and there were signs stating "Do not cross if water is high?... No sh*t... LOL...
Weird thing is, my GPS recognized this road...LMAO...
Old 12-21-2003, 09:51 AM

Well, here we go again, another confrontational thread. It is, of course, chocked full of jabs, stabs and all the other gloom and glitter that usually accompanies this sort of topic.

Although my profile shows that I joined in '03, that is not correct. Although my profile shows that I have 470 posts, that is not correct. So, to base your comments about what the 'record' shows, may be incorrect. Several times over my tenure here, this forum's format has been changedi. Many of us were 'cut back' on our post count during these transitions - and the cut was without formula. If you changed your server or did any other similar individual change to your computer, you would have probably had to reregister - therefore the change in the date when you joined. Anyhow, I've been around here for about 3-4 years; but, the record doesn't show it.

Even though I don't do a lot of posting, compared to others, I try to make my posts meaningful. I try to keep from being too argumentative and especially try to not embarrass another member. Getting my point, my opinion, my facts (usually my professional findings) across to those who may, or may not be interested, can be done in a respectful manner. I don't claim to know it all, but have a much larger base of analysis over most.

I used to get somewhat offended by those who seemed to only want to argue with little or no basis. I learned to ignore those personality types. Remember, it could be a Freudian or a Saddist behind a keyboard and you really have little to no way of knowing. I also, right or wrong, have always questioned those who hide behind anonymity. I therefore choose to ignore certain members of this and other forums. Does that make me any of a number of negative terms that those members could derive? I could care less. My time is valuable and I choose not to waste it arguing with certain fools.

As far as BowTech is concerned, I considerd at one time in dropping the line in my shop. I picked them up their first year in business and was somewhat disappointed in many of the aspects previously mentioned. I did, however, see them trying to improve. The other quality that I saw in them was their commitment to customer satisfaction and that they were willing to listen and change. They not only listened to their end users, but listened to their Dealers. They made changes that went away from what we perceived to be their forte - speed. They made changes to their manufacturing processes to insure a better end product.

I am truly glad I didn't choose to drop them or that they didn't choose to drop me. I see a company that is willing to change - unlike some of the others out there. I like that.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard in my area that Bowtech is having financial difficulties and also legal issues with another bow company , do you have any input on this issue? It was a deciding factor for me when I purchased a new bow a few months ago. The product was as good as any other and I had my mind made up to buy one until I heard this. I was worried about future warranty isuues. If this is not true then Bowtech is being fed a raw deal and I missed an opportunity on a very nice bow. I try as most to weed through the trash. But wasn't going to spend my hard earned dollar on a possibly obsolete product. If there is an affiliate of Bowtech company reading these forum entries, they might want to set the record straight. I know that they lost out on one sale already because of this info, be it real or not. I am wondering if the sales might be dropping at larger bow dealers because of this information. Just for the record, all of the bow companies make great products, it all boils down to shooter preference and who is willing to sponsor the individual........
Old 12-22-2003, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Elkcrazy8, these allegations have been brought up and posted on before, and Bowtech Shooter suggested people wanting to know call bowtech headquarters instead of listening to rumors...
Old 12-22-2003, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

Rumors that are normally started by competing shops or reps even... trying to sway people towards their favorite product... happens all the time.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep this ground has been trod over time and time again. W/ BowTech ...W/ Mathews before that...and I'm sure with just about everyone else in the Industry at one time or another. Same rumor every time...financial troubles...being sued...just insert bow company's name here [X]

I'm not privy to business knowledge about lawsuits against BowTech or not, but I do know that financially they are extremely strong, and growing all the time. They are here to stay and there are some major players in the industry who are not happy about the marketshare they are losing. []

"Sour Grapes" I believe is the term?[>:]

Quick Reply: Dealer dropped bowtech.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.