Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dealer dropped bowtech.

Old 12-19-2003, 12:58 PM

Default RE: Dealer dropped bowtech.

Forum Posting etiquette:

Rule #1: Never say anything too negative about a bow brand, unless you back it up with several very positive things about the same brand in the same post. Although it's not against forum rules to post your negative opinion on different manufacturers or their equipment, you will be "flamed" most intensely (which is against forum rules) for doing so without the positive statements thrown in.

Rule #2: Don't worry too much about any other rules, because you ain't going to make it here if you don't pay attention to that one.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:27 PM

Muzzyman88:

Depends on how narrow one looks at something. A dice has eight sides. One person might only see one number, another person might see eight numbers. Also, confronting misinformation is to provide information.

Walks with a Gimp:

If you believe that cost factually represents quality and value, or that personal comfort factually represents necessity and functionality, go for it. There might be others who are on tight budgets, or are realistic, who would like to know that a person does not need an expensive Cadillac to occasionally drive a few yards.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

A dice has eight sides.
Eh?

What kind of dice are you smoking, er, rolling?

We only have 6 siders around here...

Old 12-19-2003, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

We only have 6 siders around here...
Yea, that's all we have around here too. We don't have any of those cool 8 sided dice like c903
Old 12-19-2003, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rangeball, Frank - If you want a real Freudian slip, try passing the exit sign for that road, hauling butt down I-30. That's how I came across it the first time. It do grab your imagination.

C - I don't know who you're shootin' craps with, but I suggest you keep an eye on them. They cheat!
Old 12-19-2003, 02:33 PM

Typo. See! Confronting misinformation has provided factual information.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Basing the experience, skill, and honesty of a person on ridiculous and meaningless numbers of posts that a person has made on an Internet forum... emphasis mine
C903, there were no assumptions made about any of these qualities of the individual. The inference, rather, was made from the connotation of the contextual material provided within the post itself. I never challenged the fact that said dealer may in fact have dropped Bowtech as a part of his offerings; rather, it was the manner in which it was reported. "Bowtech failed, and they sell a ton of Mathews instead. Nyah nyah nyah." So? I'm sure there are myriad shops across the country where Mathews "failed" and Bowtech "succeeded" -- or Hoyt, or PSE, or Martin...

However, if a person wants to bash a company or product and has something valid to base his or her opinion on...
So where is the validity in this case? If a bow's limbs breaks, or a harness system gives way, a string breaks, heck, if the film-dipped finish is marred -- anything service- or product related -- OK, I'll accept that as a valid reason to complain about a manufacturer's product. There is none here.

Especially when the presumption is because someone's gear of preference was dissed ...
Wrong again. Bowtech is not my gear of preference. In case you didn't realize it, Mathews manufactured the MQ-1 -- the very brand that lefse was lauding and is obstensibly a big proponent of! The comment had nothing to do with "gear of preference", but everything to do with the manner in which the post was written.

Basing the experience, skill, and honesty of a person on ridiculous and meaningless numbers of posts that a person has made on an Internet forum. sic
Of course, we may not be able to deduce anything about you from your post count, but I think it safe to say a number of us have been able to realize your contributions to these boards, C903 -- not from the number of posts, but from the merit of such:

C903,

You never impressed me as the type of person to take anything that anyone "says" on these forums at face value.
C903, is it just me, or are you often in the middle of these types of posts? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember too many post where you were actually helpful to anyone, but rather bashing them for their points of view, choices of equipment and so forth. All to often I have found you defending an ignorant comment you have made toward someone and other members have called you on it.
Now, having addressed C903 for the last time, I do appreciate you coming back in to explain your motives and intent, lefse, and will be quicker to give you the benefit of the doubt next time.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:49 PM

Lefse: in regards to you being commended for coming back and explaining your motive(s) to those who feelings you seem to have hurt, I offer another process.

The next time you have something to say, why don't you first submit your comments to some of these "play-by-my-rules-only" individuals for editing so they can choose not to post your comments, or to edit your comments so that what you have to say corresponds with what they want to read... or not read.

On the other hand, just bite the bullet and get used to hearing the whining of those that only want comments to concur with their opinions, advice, and way of thinking.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:35 PM

I realize that I don't have too many posts on here. I am just now able to come back to the sight to post. I was on this site about 2 years ago under another name. I don't think I ever witnessed an arguement on here like this though. The fact is people like different bows. We all shoot different bows. I do think all of you top of the line bows are pretty much equal. I shoot a Bowtech right now and love the way it shoots, but I will always have an open mind to others. Lefse, I also commend you for coming back to explain yourself. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were just informing us that you have no shop with the bowtech line in it. Maybe you should go to their website and see if there are any other shops in the area where you could try the new Liberty model. It has a very smooth draw cycle and the 80% letoff you mentioned.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's too bad ! but that's thier loss .

nubo

Quick Reply: Dealer dropped bowtech.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.