Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dealer dropped bowtech.

Old 12-19-2003, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dealer dropped bowtech.

All Star is on Dilido Rd off I-30 in the BigTown area. It's a bit closer to you than Red Sands, I guess. If it was me, I'd check out Big O's in Sherman.
Art, I wonder how many ladies over the years have confused these directions and went looking for Big O's on Dilido rd...

I bet the were both frustrated and dissapointed when they couldn't find it
Old 12-19-2003, 09:44 AM

PABowhntr:

Taking something said at "face value," and reading something that is not there, anticipating the command, jumping the gun, assuming, etc, is entirely different. Especially when the presumption is because someone's gear of preference was dissed and the person being offended has made more posts than the other person.

The number of posts that a person has made on these forums is zero-representative of the person's knowledge and skill. To believe otherwise is stupid. I wonder how many readers that have beneficial input do not post because he or she does not want to be considered a rookie?

The only fact that large numbers of posts indicate, is that some of us may have too much free time on our hands, nothing more.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

The only fact that large numbers of posts indicate, is that some of us may have too much free time on our hands, nothing more.
True in some sense but then again if one were to follow that logic then another forum member could dismiss everything you just posted because you have over 1000 posts...could they not?

A post count is definitely not a true representation of the individual as that individual might post nothing but argumentative, conflictual information which, even at the best of times, would not be even remotely helpful....or, worse, that individual might post information that is less than truthful in nature if for no other reason than to produce amusement for themselves.

However, one must also consider that to continue to post on any given forum an individual must have some purpose or must derive some form of satifaction related to the content material. To continue to post for no reason whatsoever and for an extended period of time in an area that said person has no interest or experience seems quite improbable to me.

Regardless, I am a little off topic at this point.....

Taking something said at "face value," and reading something that is not there, anticipating the command, jumping the gun, assuming, etc, is entirely different. Especially when the presumption is because someone's gear of preference was dissed and the person being offended has made more posts than the other person.
I agree totally. Two entirely different animals and I am not necessarily defending what occurred on this thread. My initial post should verify that. However, one cannot totally dismiss the similarity between some of the "troll type" posts that are generated on the various forums and the orignal post on this thread.

Was it right for everyone to "jump on his case"?....ofcourse not. However, I can see why they might have misunderstood the intent of the post in the first place. Call it "Post traumatic Troll Post Syndrome" if you like....
Old 12-19-2003, 10:26 AM

HMMMM, "some of us have too much free time on our hands, nothing more" With 1111 posts you must be retired!!! If I came on here and said that XYZ Archery dropped Mathews, Hoyt, Merlin or Martin and claimed "oh well, I shoot BowTechs anyway" I will guarantee that many would be all over me!!!! It's a given that this would happen on this or any other message board. Say something controversial and you ARE going to get many responses, it's just as simple as that IMO BowTech bows are at the top of the heap as far as quality and performance but in the past, many models had a stiff draw cycle. This trait will not sell to many that aren't dedicated shooters with years of archery muscle for drawing heavy bows. This could be the reason that any shop stopped carrying BowTech, beginners maybe couldn't draw them well enough. This new year is bringing new models from BowTech that will satisfy anyones requirements for the easy draw force curve they need for comfort. Those dealers that may have dropped BowTech becauce or stiff draw force curves might just be picking the line back up in the future
Old 12-19-2003, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I posted earlier on this thread, and have been following it for a couple days. It really makes me think about what I post a lot more. Am I going to offend someone? Will what I say be a "jab" at someones equipment, hunting choices, or in my opinion PRIDE?

On the matter of the original post: OK, they dropped Bowtech. Its not like there isn't going to be 100 more shops carrying them in the near future. If my shop dropped Hoyt, yes, I would be disapointed, but I'll just have to find another shop relatively close that is a Hoyt dealer.

C903, is it just me, or are you often in the middle of these types of posts? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember too many post where you were actually helpful to anyone, but rather bashing them for their points of view, choices of equipment and so forth. All to often I have found you defending an ignorant comment you have made toward someone and other members have called you on it.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:45 AM

Muzz, come to think of it, C903 seems to have shown a distain for most anything that is of the "higher" price catagory, new design, faster speeds or anything that might make a hunter more comfortable in the field. It does seem like he's "right in the middle' of just about anything that can be argued about, just like a lot of us
Old 12-19-2003, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rangeball, yessir, you gotta be extra careful when typing in the name of that road or you'll say something you didn't intend to. LOL
Old 12-19-2003, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

This post was handled wrong. It should have been ignored. Lefse, was trying to stir the pot a little and he accomplished his goal. Who gives a **** what he shoots? Who gives a **** if the people in North Dakota don't know enough about archery to make up their own minds what to shoot?
Old 12-19-2003, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rangeball, yessir, you gotta be extra careful when typing in the name of that road or you'll say something you didn't intend to. LOL
Art, I wonder what Freud would have to say about that...
Old 12-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad to see that I was not the only one with the "Freudian slip"...

SA,

You could very well be right.

Quick Reply: Dealer dropped bowtech.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.