Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dealer dropped bowtech.

Old 12-18-2003, 11:20 AM

Default RE: Dealer dropped bowtech.

Deer T,
Go to Bowtechs webpage (www.bowtecharchery.com) and put in your zip code under the "finder dealer" heading. There is another proshop in Dallas called All Star Archery I think. I called them and they said it would be the end of Jan. before they got any of the 2004 models in. Hope this helps.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lefse, I don't read your post as merely "mentioning" you shoot Mathews. But I can accept your explanation.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes I really wonder about these so called "bow Wars'" going on. I mean, I shoot Hoyt, love Hoyt, and never had a single problem with them. My next bow, will be a Hoyt. Why? Because I shoot them very well and I have a lot of confidence in them. I was almost made up on a Bowtech this year. They are of, in my opinion equal quality as Hoyt and plus, they are real shooters. I get my butt kicked by a number of different bows every weekend in 3D. Its not the bow, its the shooter, most of the time. Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, Martin. All these bows will shooter better than most archers are capable of. Its a matter of preference within the shooter. If this person came onto the thread to bash a company, thats wrong. All these bows are too good to bash. They are here to give us, the archer an option from one company to another.

Opinions here are welcome, but outright bashing of a company I have a problem with. I try not to get caught up in this. I know what I like, and stick with it, but I'm open to new bows every year.

As far as the dealer dropping Bowtech, thats a surprise. I wish my regular shop would carry them. They carry Hoyt, Reflex and Matthews. Bowtech bows are great and I may have one by Summer to tinker with, and may possibly end up using it for hunting. Who knows?

Let keep this forum respectable. I love coming here because everyone, for the most part is very respectable and I learn a lot. I only hope that I contribute too in a respectable manner to everyone like they do me.

mm88
Old 12-18-2003, 11:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very well written, muzzyman, and my thoughts exactly.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:08 AM

Some here can buy books with blank pages and mentally fill in their own story.

Lefse simply said that a top-line dealer no longer carried Bowtech, and that he has been shooting a Mathews for many years.....period!

However, if a person wants to bash a company or product and has something valid to base his or her opinion on, it is just too bad someone's feelings get hurt and are reduced to complaining and crying like some 5-year old child.

Bashing manufacturers, dealers, and products are done all the time in these forums. Lefse just did not have a ridiculous "forum rank" to get away with it. "Rookie?" Give me a break! [:@] The guy has been shooting bows for 50 years.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

C903-

"Rookie" meaning he is new to the boards, not necessarily to the sport or to life!

Yes I agree, a break should certainly be given, and I think the mans' explanation has merit in this instance. (JMHO) Time to move on to the next "victim" gents..[8D] Pinwheel 12
Old 12-19-2003, 05:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bashing manufacturers, dealers, and products are done all the time in these forums. Lefse just did not have a ridiculous "forum rank" to get away with it. "Rookie?" Give me a break! The guy has been shooting bows for 50 years.
C903,

You never impressed me as the type of person to take anything that anyone "says" on these forums at face value. Why in this case?

Not trying to be argumentative but rather genuinely curious.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have any first hand information on this situation YET but let's try to understand, there's been dealers that have dropped bow lines for whatever reasons and there's also been dealers get dropped by bow companies but they SAY they dropped the bow line themselves... Just a thought to ponder...
Old 12-19-2003, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

And some people can read a book and mentally blot out the words.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Deer T, All Star is on Dilido Rd off I-30 in the BigTown area. It's a bit closer to you than Red Sands, I guess. If it was me, I'd check out Big O's in Sherman. It might be less time consuming to go north instead of having to battle your way thru the idjits on the Dallas freeways.

Whatever happened at Troy's place, it's too bad. Didn't blow chunks outta my world though. They could dispose of Mathews too and not bother me any. Neither BowTech or Mathews makes a bow in my draw length. I just go in to look at all the fancy toys for 'normal' size folks. Not to mention I've gotten half addicted to their Dart system.[]

Quick Reply: Dealer dropped bowtech.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.