Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dealer dropped bowtech.

Old 12-18-2003, 07:37 AM

Default RE: Dealer dropped bowtech.

To hell with his rights Frank!

Give 'em the Guillotine!
Old 12-18-2003, 07:46 AM

....it just hit me very wrong that a brand new person would come in here and appear to be bashing one particular brand of bows just for bashing's sake.
What arrogance!!

Basing the experience, skill, and honesty of a person on ridiculous and meaningless numbers of posts that a person has made on an Internet forum. Get real!!
Old 12-18-2003, 07:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Basing the experience, skill, and honesty of a person on ridiculous and meaningless numbers of posts that a person has made on an Internet forum. Get real!!

Yeah, but then there is me....at least in regard to the honesty part that is....LMAO
Old 12-18-2003, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

Straightarrow is spot-on on this one-- there could be a number of reasons as to why they dropped the line. Business decisions are made on just that, business, and not always on what happens to tweak the likes of a handful of customers or loyal followers, no matter what brand it is. I also was one of the first dealers to carry Bowtechs in my area but do not any longer. Another guy close to me picked them up, no biggie, if I ever want one or a customer does, we work things out. I return the favor. Things change, peoples' likes change--- Pro shops try different avenues to enhance their businesses, and until you know the exact reason as to why they may have dropped a line, (directly from the horses mouth) it is better to leave things be IMHO instead of trying to speculate.

I also must say that the original post didn't seem to be that far out of bounds, but can also see why substantiated questions about the validity would be raised,(in other words why he got flamed) especially on this board!

Bottom line---dealers try different brands all of the time, I've been through many also over the years. Until dealers truly find a couple or three that will generate the highest sales in their particular area, and couple those sales with top-shelf customer service to boot, it is not an uncommon occurance to see them swap brands around from time to time in an attempt to stimulate their customers. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 12-18-2003, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

This guy went and made the exact same post on Archerytalk.com and was immediately flamed also..

Maybe the dealer sold more Mathews due to all the hype and them being the "cool/in" thing w/ all their buddies. Maybe the dealer just pushed the Mathews as their "top of the line" models. Maybe he priced the Mathews slightly higher or lower to make them more appealing. It could be a 1000 different things that have nothing to do w/ the actual quality of the products. I have nothing against Mathews.. as I used to shoot a Zmax a few years back... had no complaints and loved the bow. Only sold it because I'd started a family and archery wasn't an important thing in my life at that time. I just picked up a used Patriot and have yet to shoot it.. but I'm sure I'll be very happy w/ it. I also didn't want to purchase a brand new bow till I got to shoot all of them and compare for myself... so I have to wait till after the ATA show before I even consider a brand new bow.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:34 AM

Swamp Dawg or Arthur P, I bought my Bowtech from Troy in Flowermound about 1.5 years ago and went back to look at the new ones and didn't really get a straight answer myself when I saw they had none.
Is there a place in the Dallas area that carries the Bowtech line? Red Sands is a little far for me considering I'm in north Allen but if that's where I have to go then that's where I have to go. I like other bows as well but all Troy had was Matthews and I wanted to be able to draw a few brands at the same time.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kevin, I don't think anyone is challenging the validity of the information. So why was the Mathews angle brought up? There are shops in my area that quit selling this or that brand of bow. So what! I didn't feel the need to report it on the web. I don't see you doing that either. I'm sure everone who was just waiting to go to this shop in ND will now plan another trip, or still go for the Mathews bows.
c903, what does it appear to you that Lefse is doing? Check his post count on archerytalk. Many, many people do this. Post a thread like this, then never return to it. Why is that?
Old 12-18-2003, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

Phil-

Not to defend anyone, but he did post a pretty explanatory reply over on AT, and stated that the worst thing he did was mention he shot a Mathews in that initial post. Sometimes we really need to give people the benefit of doubt, especially when they are a rookie on the boards. We can always lynch them later on at another time. JMHO. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 12-18-2003, 11:17 AM
Spike

I don't feel I was bashing Bowtech very bad. Just stated that they don't sell in this area. You say why was mathews brought up. Can't I say what bow I shoot and like best without getting bashed a lot worse than I did Bowtech.? I wanted to try out the 2004 Bowtechs. Who knows, I might have bought a Bowtech. Does anyone know if there is a dealer in ND that stocks Bowtech. Would like to shoot one. The Hoyt has a nice draw,but I am getting older and like the 80%. 64 years old and a little artheritis. Been shooting bow for 50 years.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Guess he is proud of his Matthews. No biggie.

A large local archery pro shop sells Matthews, Hoyt, Bowtech and Martin again after dropping Martin for a few years. Although I have shot predominantly Martin, I won't slam other brands...........I may own one of them for my next bow!

Quick Reply: Dealer dropped bowtech.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.