Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

UPDATE>>>BOWTECH>>>>>>>>>>> FINALLY!!!!!

Old 12-17-2003, 02:45 PM

Default UPDATE>>>BOWTECH>>>>>>>>>>> FINALLY!!!!!

Well guys,

Tonight, FINALLY, I am going to go up to my dealer and check out the 04 BowTechs. Right now, he has 5 different models in.

04 Liberty
04 Justice
04 Patriot
04 Pro 40 (Freedom Cam)
04 MightyMite VFT

I am busting at the seems in anticipation to get my hands wrapped around the Liberty, Justice, Pro40, and the MightyMite...........

I'll let yall know later what I thought.....

P.S. I am leaving ALL money, checkbooks, and credit cards AT HOME!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 03:11 PM

Default RE: BOWTECH>>>>>>>>>>> FINALLY!!!!!

Well, my Pro40 Freedom cam came in today so I'm going to pick it up right after work!!!! Can't wait to shoot that sucker some!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 03:31 PM

I'm presently coveting an 04 Liberty--I would like to shoot the Justice but the dealer doesn't have one in stock. The only fly in the ointment is my dealer has now significantly discounted the 03 models! Its hard to justify spending $250 more for a Liberty than I can pick up an 03 Patriot Dually! However, that Liberty pulls smooth and the narrow grip feels great in hand! Decisions Decisions Decisions!
Old 12-17-2003, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason,
I'm betting there's a better than 50% chance that you tell the dealer to put your name on one of those bows.
I'm telling you, when I shot the Liberty for the first time and couldn't leave with it, I was like a kid who had to give back a Lab puppy.[&o]
You'll see.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:09 PM

I have shot the Liberty and the Pro 40. Take the check book or crdeit card. Why make two trips?
Old 12-17-2003, 05:55 PM

Well guys.........

AMAZING.......... SIMPLY AMAZING

The MightyMite VFT..... it was a great bow, but I wasn't that impressed by it. The VFT makes it a little quieter and has a little less shock, but, it just doesn't seem like it is that much of a difference from the regular MightyMite's.

The 04 Patriot......... yet again, a sweet shooter. The bow was balanced better but other than that, it didn't seem to change much. A little bit smoother.

The Pro40 Freedom cam........... WOW.... talk about a tack driver. The thing is smooth and holds dead steady. The bow is very quiet and shockfree and this should blow the 3-D and comp shooters away.

The Justice........ WOW..... what a sweet shooter. It is probablly the quietest and most shock free bow for its size. It is a short a-t-a bow that has the noise and shock properties of much much larger bows.

The Liberty...... WITUIWGNOKSGHOSFDGINGIOSDNGOIASHOPW...... okay, I can't even type right after shooting that thing

Smooth.......... that can't even describe this bow. The bow is every bit as smooth as the Hoyt Cam and a Half system..... BUT...... you can draw more weight with bow without feeling a difference. I went back to the range and shot it a bit and I was like "What is this shooting at? Right around 60#?" Needless to say, I was SHOCKED when the guy their told me that it is at 70.8#. I didn't believe it until he put it on the scale and showed me.

Quiet.......... well, yet again, you can't even imagine. My girlfriend was standing at the back of the room, and I kept asking her "How loud or quiet is it back there" and she kept telling me that "she didn't know because it wasn't enough noise for her to actually focus on"

Shockfree........ well..... simply put..... you can't feel the shot. Well, a TINY bit, but, this is definetly the most shock free bow that I have shot. With just the hush kit, I could BARELY feel a buzz in the grip. I honestly think, with a good stabilizer, you really couldn't feel a thing with this bow

Now, the bow was set-up with a p.o.s. sight and a Whisker Biscuit on it. It wasn't tuned or sighted in, and I was at 20 yards. With just judging by the sight, I was getting 1" groups, and, I actually robinhooded one of the guys arrows That makes a LARGE POP when you are in a empty store
It just amazed me how well it shot in the state the bow was in. No peep sight, no sighting in, and no tuning, and I was getting groups like that.... that is just crazy.

So................ Matt.......... you are half right and half wrong. I didn't have him put my name on the list, but, Dec. 26 th, I will be back there with some $$$$$ and the Liberty will be mine.

P.S. Matt, I know what you mean about not putting the thing down. I shot probablly 3 dozen arrows out of it, then, went out of the range, back into the shop, but, I just wanted to go back in the range and shoot a little more It was so bittersweet shooting it, but knowing that I had to give it back [&:]

O yeah, the Birth Certificate for the one I was shooting was...

70.8#
28" draw
350 grain arrow
Hush kit and tied in nock

280 f.p.s. (very impressive for how SMOOTH this thing is)

O yeah, one last thing I have a 30" draw, what have the 30" 70# Liberty's birth certificates say as far as speed goes.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

BuckMagnet......do you remember any of the other birth certificates. The Mighty Mite or the Justice. I'm thinking about a new bowfishing bow with a short ATA. Just curious about your thoughts.

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2003, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

Well guys.........

AMAZING.......... SIMPLY AMAZING
In full agreement with ya there at least regarding the Liberty

O yeah, one last thing I have a 30" draw, what have the 30" 70# Liberty's birth certificates say as far as speed goes.
I believe Matt said his was right at 300. I suspect you'll see birth certs in the 300 to 304 Range w/ the Hush kits installed.

My 29" Liberty shows 294.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:32 PM

CLOUD,

No, I didn't pay attention. I will be going up probablly Dec. 26th and putting money down, so, I will check then.

Honestly, I think that the Justice is a better bow than the MightyMite VFT. It seems to be a little more steady to me, and definetly alot smoother drawing. The MightyMite VFT was kind of a let down, probablly because I love my MightyMite and I wanted to see a HUGE improvement. It is definetly a nicer shooting bow than the regular MightyMite's, but, I would say that it isnt worth buying one if you already own a MightyMite.

I would say that the Justice would probablly be around 270-272 f.p.s. at 28", 70#, and a 350 grain arrow. The MightyMite, I would say around 295 f.p.s. with a 28" draw, 70# draw weight, and a 350 grain arrow.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was at my dealers today and he was trying to talk me into a hoyt ! I was very addiment that a Bow Tech was to be my new bow.Which one ,I don't know but it will be between the Extreme VFT,Patriot and the Liberty.The only thing I'm not sure about is whetherI am willing to give up speed and this one of the reason's I want to go to the Bow Tech ,not the only reason but is one of them.
I've shot the Extreme VFT and it was super sweet to handle and I found it drew really smooth and shot just as smooth .He told me to take and shoot a round of 3D with it but I knew if I did it would have been going home with me .I'm glad I waited because the liberty and Justice were not out yet. It's very fortunate for me that My dealer hasn't recieved his new Bow Tech line-up yet BUT WHEN HE DOES I'll be knocking on his door.

nubo
P.S. you guy's got any helpfulidea's for me on my choices,I'd sure appreciate some advice .Should I forget about the speed .

Quick Reply: UPDATE>>>BOWTECH>>>>>>>>>>> FINALLY!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.