Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

UPDATE>>>BOWTECH>>>>>>>>>>> FINALLY!!!!!

Old 12-17-2003, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOWTECH>>>>>>>>>>> FINALLY!!!!!

I must disagree re: the Mighty Mite. It's way better than past models. Much quieter, way less recoil and vibration. I agree it is not as smooth as the Justice, but noticeably faster. What amazed me was how much lighter it felt even though it only weighs 4 oz less. Everything across the line has been improved for 04. Ask Pat about the look on my face as he helped me up off the floor after shooting the Mighty Mite.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ask Pat about the look on my face as he helped me up off the floor after shooting the Mighty Mite.

Thank God for smelling salts...
Old 12-18-2003, 06:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ok, enough already, I will pick up a Liberty awhile after I get my MM VFT. I can totally see how the Justice would have less felt recoil, vibration and a smoother draw since the cam is designed to produce a smoother draw and help impart less energy into the arrow/bow itself.

Trust me, a Justice is not too far off my short list either but one super shorty a year is enough for me...
Old 12-18-2003, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I finally got to lay my hands on a Libery too. Without rambling on too much let me just say that I am as impressed with it as everyone else. Silky smooth, dead in you hand and plenty of speed. The one in the shop was a 70/30 that came in at 302 fps. I handled the Pro 40 , but didn't shoot it. I run out of superlatives when trying to describe the Liberty. It should have mass appeal.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 500 fps

I run out of superlatives when trying to describe the Liberty.

Vic,

You should be able to get more at the local pharmacy or even a grocery store. [&:]

Heck even prune juice will work if you're in a bind...
Old 12-18-2003, 11:40 PM

Deer chili does the trick for me It's all natural and helps to keep the deer population down[8D]
Old 12-19-2003, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

ORIGINAL: 500 fps

I run out of superlatives when trying to describe the Liberty.

Vic,

You should be able to get more at the local pharmacy or even a grocery store. [&:]

Heck even prune juice will work if you're in a bind...
LMFAO!

Old 12-19-2003, 05:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

So that is what a superlative is! I thought it was a dentistry term.

Ok, next step in the Liberty review process.....for you folks that own/have shot the bow. What didn't you like about it? My guess is that the axle to axle length will be too short for some which would lead to next year's version....the "Constitution" at 36 or 37 inches axle to axle....
Old 12-19-2003, 07:37 AM

Frank,

What is crazy about the Liberty, is that even thought it is a short a.t.a. bow, it feels MUCH longer. Granted, all parralell limb design bows are gonna be like this, but, the larger cam and idler wheel on this bow make it feel even larger.

After shooting it again last night (yep, my best friend had to go check it out), I can honestly say, that I havn't found a problem with it yet. This is based on the Liberty as a hunting bow.

The only thing that I could see others complain about is the bow "not being fast enough". Sure, it isn't gonna blaze arrows in there like the BKII, but, this is plenty fast for hunting. Another great thing about this cam, is that, being so smooth, it allows you to draw more weight without noticing any difference (which makes more speed). Right now, my MightyMite is set a 60#, and that Lberty feels like less weight, even though it is at 70.8#.

Well, I guess I just thought of another one. There aren't too many accessories out there that come in Mossy Oak Obsession camo.

Other than that, I havn't found anything wrong.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason.

On my way home from the lease today I decided to go out of my way and go via the Pro Shop to see if there was any word on either of the bows I have on order and low and Behold just as I was about to leave a delivery van pulled up with BOWTECH's on board and my Justice was there.
Have not got it set up yet but I do know what I will be doing over the weekend

The Birth Cert says. 61# 28" draw 300 gr arrow 275 fps.