Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt Ultra Sport

Old 12-16-2003, 09:22 PM

Default Hoyt Ultra Sport

I am 15 years old and think that i am getting a hoyt ultrasport for christmas. I will be getting a 26-28.5 inch draw becaude my draw length is 26" that way i will have plenty of growing room. It will be 50-60 pound range. What accesories work good with this bow and is this a good bow for deer and turkey?
Old 12-17-2003, 05:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hoyt Ultra Sport

You said "think" so I am guessing that you are guessing that it will be a Christmas present. If so then "congratulations". The Ultrasport is a great little bow. Hoyt's new ribbing tech. makes the magnesium risers much narrower and lighter to some extent. The grips are about the same diameter as the machined aluminum models which means they are very low-torque.

I think your choice of draw length range to be a good one since you are giving yourself some room to grow. The draw weight range is also good since 50 lbs, for now, should be somewhat easy to draw for a person of your age. When you get older then you can always crank up the weight if need be.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:24 PM

Thanks for the info. I am wondering what release, arrows, and stabilizer I should get? can anyone help me with that?
Old 12-19-2003, 05:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am wondering what release, arrows, and stabilizer I should get? can anyone help me with that?
I do not want to sound like I am blowing you off but these are the types of issues that you really should head to the local pro shop to inquire about. If they are a good shop then they should be able to show you a selection of each in the different price ranges.

Is there any specific model for each component that you have a question about? That might make it easier to give some direction.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:49 PM

Thanks for the info PAbowhuntr, I went to the store and talked to them and after christmas I will go in and test to see what is best for me, that way I will know that it is the best for me, and not just someone else.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Also,Hoyt has some really great package accesories that would be a great compliment to the new bow and would be more affordable thn buying everything separate.

The Hoyt dealer the bow was purchased from should be able to set you up with one of the Hoyt packages.