Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Liberty speed

Old 12-12-2003, 03:38 PM

Default RE: Bowtech Liberty speed

That, Rangeball, is why, if they both handle well, I will be getting the Justice. I am pretty sure they will both handle well. I also like the extra 1/2" of brace height, while only losing 4 fps. I don't hunt from a treestand often, but hoofing it in the mountains makes a man tired. A littel smaller, lighter bow would be a good thing. Forgiving, fast, and made right here in Oregon, what more could I ask for??? (other than a free one )

JMAC
Old 12-13-2003, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanx Matt & RB..appreciate the kind words

I would not be a paid employee of the company. I would be a "in the field" rep for the local shops, help out at local events where BowTech has a business presence (Archery or PBR), be an "official rep" on the boards as far as questions,provide feedback to the powers that be regarding the bows (yes, my nitpicks), etc.

As far as the Justice, 4 FPS is the best case scenario from individual bow to individual bow. I would say 6-8 FPS would be a more realistic number.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff I'm sure glad to hear about this position that you've been offered .I'll be watching for your post's on a more regular basis now ,and I'll know who to talk to when I get my new Bow Tech in the New Year.

Congrat's and I think that this is a huge compliment coming from the best bow company of the new Millenium.

nubo
Old 12-14-2003, 09:16 PM

I shot a liberty today--it was oh so smooth!!!!!!!! At Sportsman's Warehouse, it sells for $679. My christmas list just got longer! Compared to my 02 Patriot set at the same 70lbs, it did indeed pull easier and was very quiet. Is it possible to get those wonderful narrow crips and put them on an 02 Patriot?
Old 12-15-2003, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

As far as the Justice, 4 FPS is the best case scenario from individual bow to individual bow. I would say 6-8 FPS would be a more realistic number.
Jeff, why do you think this? I was basing my 4 fps estimation on the difference in the IBO ranges... Justice at 296-304, Liberty at 300-308...

Now if there were some reason the Justices would tend to run and average more towards the low side and the Liberties towards the high side, I would agree with your assesment, but there isn't any technical reason this should be so, is there?
Old 12-15-2003, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

As I said that is the best case scenario. The worst should be around 12 FPS (296 vs. 308). Adding to the low average of 4 FPS and dividing by two gives a mean of 8 FPS. It's just an average, but I think a more realistic view on the actual speeds from the brace height diff. I may be wrong of course (and hope I am). It also doesn't take into account any variance from the hush kits.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nubo,

Thanx for the congrats!

Elk,

The 2003/2004 grips will not fit previous model year risers.

You can however, order 2002 model thin side-plates from Loesch.