Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt Razortec vs Reflex Buckskin

Old 12-08-2003, 09:55 AM

Default Hoyt Razortec vs Reflex Buckskin

With any luck and a reluctant "Go Ahead" from my wife, this spring I'll be looking for a new bow. I have an 01 Mt Sport now. So either bow would be an upgrade. How would these 2 bows perform side by side. I know the specs are pretty close. I drew both bows and the Razortec is definately smoother, but for the price difference, I think I could live with the Buckskin's slightly less smooth draw. How do Reflex's limbs compare to the Hoyt's XT2000? What are the differences in the risers? I know they are made by the same company, but are Reflex's that much inferior to their big brother Hoyt. I have been looking for leftover 03's and bid on a Hoyt a couple of weeks ago, but I wasn't able to be around for the end of the auction to up my bid. Now Christmas is too close to spend right now. But I wanted to get opinions in case something does pop up after the the holidays.
Thanks
Old 12-14-2003, 03:40 PM

Default RE: Hoyt Razortec vs Reflex Buckskin

Both are very good bow's i shoot a razortech my self, most of the difference is in the limbs and the riser razortech has the tech riser and xt2000 limbs and the reflex does not have the tech riser, but it is machined alum, and the reflex has the zr200 limbs, not much speed difference the hoyt is only 4 feet per sec faster.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Deer902,

The limbs on the Buckskin are essentially Hoyt's ZR200 limbs. They are solid fiberglass limbs as opposed to the carbon/glass construction found with Hoyt's XT2000 limbs. Their overall width is similar though the ZR200 limbs are slightly longer and are not tapered in depth along the length of the shaft.

Both are machined aluminum risers though the Razortec has a TEC riser design which should theoretically provide a stiffer riser with less recoil/vibration.\

I would not necessarily call the Reflex lineup "inferior" but would rather have you think of it in the sense that many of the current Reflex designs were top of the line Hoyt designs just a few years ago.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Spike

Hope you don't mind me jumping in. I haven't posted in awhile, but this directly relates to me because I also was in this exact situation, except I was comparing the cybertec to the buckskin. I believe the buckskin is the way to go, it's cheaper(the "go ahead" from the wife..less reluctant) just as good a bow, but nothing fancy. Unless your a professional shooter the minor differences are....minor. Besides, who wants a bunch of symetrical patterns machined into the riser when you can have deertracks.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:29 PM

Thanks for the replies. I am leaning towards the Buckskin unless a 03 LH Razortec goes up on Ebay for a good price. With the less expensive bow I could possibly get a new sight and a dozen arrows too. Thanks
Old 12-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both are good bows. You can`t go wrong either way.

Hey 902, e-mail me [email protected]

I have a razortec for you.