Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Last year and this year

Old 12-08-2003, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Last year and this year

Has anybody noticed that last year Bowtech might as well have not even made a single cam bow because all that was talked about was the duallys and the wave of the future etc. There was a little fuss about the Extreme VFT but nothing compared to the dually's. Now this year no one has even drawn one of the duallys and if they have, they haven't felt compelled to report it on here. I think Bowtech has done themselves a favor this year by not touting on or the other but rather coming up with some exiting new SC and DC models. I have actually flip flopped on the issue to some degree now that they have tamed the duallys down just a little, but I am still interested to hear how much improvement there is over last year.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Last year and this year

It may be because the 2004 Dually's haven't started hitting shops yet.

I'm fairly certain you'll be hearing more about them when they do...

BTW, The ExVFT was a top seller last year.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

SA,

I don’ think there is any doubt that last years dual were hit or miss w/ the consumers and dealers. Some guys absolutely love them and won’t part with them, and some guys just couldn’t stand the draw force curve. Personally it wasn’t my cup of tea (at least in the higher poundage models), but other folks didn’t seem to care..to each his own and all that. The best thing about the duals is the great speed w/ the high brace heights, and despite the stiff draw, they do shoot phenomenally well. This year BowTech listened to the majority and made the changes they deemed necessary to make them more “user friendly”: little bit easier to draw, a little bit more valley, and much quieter. That said, I don’t expect them to be super easy to draw, or have a super wide valleys, there are other bows in the line for that like the wheely, F-cam, etc. But if your desire in a hunting bow is extreme accuracy w/ extreme speed or love to shoot heavy arrows for penetration/KE, they are tough to beat, especially the Dual Cam Patriot.

BowTech is giving consumers more options and refining the entire line which has been true since their inception . They are offering a variety of cam types, instead of committing to one technology as the “be-all end-all” of design. You want a super fast dual? Got it. A super smooth wheel? Got it. super smooth single? Got it. Super fast single? Got it. Short AtoA? Got it. Medium AtoA? Got it. Longer AtoA (by today’s standards)? Got it. Etc. They don’t have a hybrid, and I’m not sure we will see that from them as they offer the parent systems for those and don’t try to pit one against the other. You have to remember that this is a (big) business, and they are going to market the hell out of what’s new just like Hoyt, Mathews, or any other manufacturer. Last year they really wanted to bring out a complete line of dual cams (since there was so much customer base asking for them) and they “pushed” them, and now this year they offer the other side of the coin w/ the F-cam bows and the marketing will I’m sure go that way this year.

As far as the ExVFT, it indeed was their best selling bow for 2003. While the internet is a great place, it really only encompasses a very small percentage of the bowhunting/archery public. So while many of us gear-heads here really got excited about the duals w/ the supa-speed and higher braces, it would seem the “average” guy prefers the less “extreme” Extreme VFT
Old 12-08-2003, 08:30 AM

So while many of us gear-heads here really got excited about the duals w/ the supa-speed and higher braces, it would seem the “average” guy prefers the less “extreme” Extreme VFT
True Dat...I know plenty of guys around here that only hunt and hunt hard and often and think of the bow only as much as some of us think what pair of socks to wear. It's a tool for them and a hobby/obsession for us.

I know plenty of guys that own bowtechs that when asked brace, ATA, chrony speed, arrow weight etc they give you the blank stare....but readily whip out the pic of the 150 class they took using it.

Ask them why they bought it...shoots great, quiet, fast and to them it's a bow they can keep 5-6-7 years before needing another. Hard core hunters in my neck of the woods.