Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Speed gain @ same poundage

Old 02-07-2002, 08:09 AM

Default RE: Speed gain @ same poundage

PA-
Norbs statement isn't totally true however. There are plenty of low brace height bows that are less efficient then higher ones. The reason they produce more speed and power is called 'string time' The arrow is simply on the string longer and getting pushed longer than a higher brace height bow.

Here's a perfect example:
PSE Tazman...1999 model brace 6.5", IBO 305, BPF 1.18.

Mathews SQ2....Brace 8" IBO 305,BPF 1.24

Again this only one example where a less efficient bow only produces speed from string time. There are a whole gammut of things to consider when trying to find your perfect bow. This is one of the reasons I wrote "The Archery Program" It was really fun doing all of the research, and seeing it work daily in doing these exact trials before you even pick a bow up!

Oh well....we could debate this for years!
It was fun, nice chatting with yah,

Happy Shooting!

>>>------Tony Virnoche------>>>
>>>---The Archery Program--->>>
Old 02-07-2002, 08:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Speed gain @ same poundage

Good example and I can't argue with that....but now we are also approaching the area of "advertised IBO speeds" which, in my opinion aren't always reliable.

Actually being able to take the two bows you mentioned and testing them might yield different results.

But I digress...we are on the same page...many variables, not just the bow's brace height affect its efficiency level....as well as the "desirability" level to the customer.