Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2004 Patriot

Old 12-05-2003, 07:26 AM

Default 2004 Patriot

Got my hands on the 2004 Patriot last night – didn’t shoot it, but this weekend we are going to shoot all the new Bowtechs.

Balance, Balance, Balance, - Finally – Bowtech is getting closer every year to making a real nice bow. The balance of their last line up was……..well….questionable. But this year the Pat has a real nice balance and feel to it. Much better IMO and may be worth upgrading to. Unfortunately, they lowered the brace.

The risers have some real nice machining – the finish looks better IMO – and I like the limb pockets – seem to have a real tight fit. The new shelf looks great, and the grip feels about the same – thin and low.

I think 2004 may be a much better year for Bowtech.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 2004 Patriot

I knew I should have orderd a Patriot SC in addition to my Mighty Mite. Oh well, I will save that for later in the year... Glad to hear that they worked out the balance issue. It was really the only drawback that I saw to my 2003 Patriot SC.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:03 AM

PAB

The Mighty Might has some great promise as a short a-a bow. May very well be one of the best short A-A bows out there. I have not held one yet - should come in today. I will take a close look at it - but doupt I will shoot such a small bow - but you never know

I await your review
Old 12-05-2003, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rack, did you draw the '04 Pat, or did you just fondle her until you, uh, were satisfied?

If you drew it back, how did the FDC compare to the '03? Did it give a perception of drawing less weight at the same setting?
Old 12-05-2003, 08:32 AM

Rack, did you draw the '04 Pat, or did you just fondle her until you, uh, were satisfied?
I did both took a nap then did it again

I drew it back a bunch of time with fingers (did not have my release). So it was hard to get a good feel. If anything i did notice a smother drop into the valley. I thought the 03 draw force was relatively smooth for the speed. If this one pans out to be touch smoother it can only be a good thing.

I will look into ti further in the next week.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot most of the 04s. The two most pleasant surprises were the Patriot single and Mighty Mite (I wake up thinking about it). Balance is much improved. The MM feels like an extension of my arm. It's an incredible short bow. It felt and shot like a much longer bow.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:47 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

pdq, did you shoot the BKII? If so what was your impression? I have the 02 model and am thinking of upgrading to the new model. It will be a while before I can get my hands on one.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

mez, sorry I didn't shoot the BKII. Should have, but since it only comes in 5 3/4" brace in 04, I spent my time shooting the others. If you want more brace height, the P40 Dually will be for you. I did shoot it a little (couldn't put the Mighty Mite down) and am glad I have one on order. Smoother than last year's, less vibration, better grip, and balance is improved.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Phil,

Stop referring to the Mighty Mite in that manner, over and over again. You have me starting into an MM frenzy myself!! You know how I love those short bows...
Old 12-08-2003, 06:29 AM

Rack did you shoot the Patriot this weekend ?

Quick Reply: 2004 Patriot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.