Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shrewd Precision grips/Bowtech

Old 02-05-2002, 03:10 PM

Default Shrewd Precision grips/Bowtech

I wrote Melvin Shrewsbury about whether they were going to offer their grips for Bowtech. I didn't expect a poisitive response, and was just hopping to plant a seed, since the BowTech stuff seems very simmilar to Mathews in the way they build a bow, and the grips seem just as show vs go as the Mathews ones do. I am delighted to report they will be offering their grips in some form for the Bowtech bows "this month". I don't know anything more than that, and those of you with Bowtech bows can follow up with them.

I have a lot of experience with mathews grips, making and modifying the wood ones. I moved to the Shrewd since it meets my design objective of shooting a grip that is like the best gripless risers. Keep that in mind if you are interested in this grip it isn't a big comfy chair, but it is really going to suit some people. I am just glad it is going to be available for other bows.

Also, I don't know what this new grip will be like. I hope it is very simmilar to the Mathews model, but that will only be possible if the Bowtech riser is very narrow under the grip as is the Mathews.

I will have to look at the new Mathews models, but this is an opportunity to say hello Patriot which is a nice option to have.

Shrewd is also bringing out new stabilizers. I don't know any details, so if you were at the show, tell us what you saw. I consider their stabs really nice, but I could shoot a bow without their model on it, I don't feel that way about the grips.
Old 02-05-2002, 04:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-05-2002, 06:48 PM

Default RE: Shrewd Precision grips/Bowtech

Thanks Stodr,

Do you know if there are any other bows for which grips are being developed?
Old 02-06-2002, 09:24 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-07-2002, 05:25 PM
Spike

how do you contact these people?
Old 02-08-2002, 09:10 AM

Call them.
Old 02-08-2002, 11:59 AM

http://www.shrewd-one.com/

Call us at 540-864-PRO1 (7761)

[email protected]

Old 02-10-2002, 08:19 PM
Spike

thank you, the web site looks interesting.
Old 02-11-2002, 06:30 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-11-2002, 07:28 PM

Went to the shrewd web site and checked out their grips and was surprised to find out these grips are alluminum. Are these grips stickley for target? Because I sure think they would be aweful cold for hunting. What gives here?

Quick Reply: Shrewd Precision grips/Bowtech

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.