Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shrewd Precision grips/Bowtech

Old 02-11-2002, 08:04 PM

Default RE: Shrewd Precision grips/Bowtech

I don't think is is a case of either. I live in Canada, and shoot these grips, generally the only time I have had to hunt in the past has been December. If it is cold out, you don't want to be holding on to this grip with your bare hand, and don't be tempted to taste it on a slow moment on the stand. But it is possible to shoot it, that only takes a few seconds.

The advantage to a low profile grip is that if you shoot it with gloves on, it is more likely to fit than if you are already dealing with a fat closely contoured grip.

When I was young and stupid, I used to ice climb, there are colder ways to spend the winter. believe me.

And, of course, its not cold where everyone hunts.
Old 02-12-2002, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

I use them on all my Mathews be it 3D,Target or hunting. As Smooch noted they are aluminum and yes they will get very cold hanging out there in a treestand.
I have a friend who also uses them,on his hunting bow he uses very thin moleskin to cover most of the grip and says it helps with the cold.
Old 02-12-2002, 05:30 PM

Another thing about the grip is it has that weird ledge on top, which is really handy when shooting with an open hand. If the Patriot is as dead as folks say, you might almost be able to shoot it without a sling. Anyway, one advantage is the ledge helps hold down your mitt, you won't have your glove getting in the way of the arrow path.