Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need info on an older Clearwater Power Mag

Old 12-02-2003, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need info on an older Clearwater Power Mag

My brother' s girlfriend' s brother is looking at buying this bow from a guy. It comes set up ready to go with a GKF premier rest, sight and a winn release. Bow is in good condition.

It' s a two cam bow, and the limb tags that would normally tell what the DL and DW range are don' t. The cams appear to use modules to change draw lengths, with the bow needing pressed to do so.

Since there' s no clearwater dealer around here to my knowledge, so I' m hoping one of you guys are familiar with this bow.

How does one determine what range the cams on this bow accomodate? He needs to lose about an inch from where it' s set. Is Clearwater still in business? I did a search and any sight that seems to go to them is down, but I did find a clearwater/storm archery site under construction. Did they merge?
Old 12-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need info on an older Clearwater Power Mag

Yes they merged, then folded. If my memory serves me correct some clearing house is handeling parts. Do a search over on Archery Talk and you can find some info (web address or phone number). I have a Clearwater Power Mag. I think it's about 7 years old. The cams are the same cams that High Country used at that time. The only differeence is in the modules. Clearwater had a module with a harder (for that time) than the High Country. If you cant find the Clearwater modules, the High Country modules will work but the wall will be softer. Any shop that handled High Country should have some modules floating around. Going from memory (which only works once in awhile), my 28" draw had a "B" module. The "A" module was 27", and the "AA" was 26". Good shooting bow. Real smooth, but needed limb savers to make it quiet. Shot it for 3D.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need info on an older Clearwater Power Mag

I am not sure but i think this cams have 3 inch range...
Check the postions on the cams and see if you place the a bit further on the cams.
The nice thing about two cams is that you can also make a little change in cable length.....
Make sure you keep the bow close to its original braceheight.