Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Eastons ST AXIS shaft

Old 11-30-2003, 07:13 PM

Default Eastons ST AXIS shaft

What direction are they going with this one ??.They are claiming " devastating penatration" .The shafts are 17/64" or 9/32" .If this " new" skinny carbon shaft is the way to go,,then I think I would revist the old Beman carbon hunters.They run 15/64" and 16/64" .That out-sert makes them TUFF as HE!!.No joke.
I have hit some VERY hard things with them.The out-sert has mushroomed back over the shaft,,with out even as much as a crack.Talk about concentrated KE.Thats 16/64' s with 60 FOOT POUNDS behind it.It will be going thru your target,,deer,,elk,,bear,,,,,mckenzie [].
Old 12-01-2003, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Eastons ST AXIS shaft

I think their saying their testing showed that Beaman was on to something, but they came up with a way to still give you skinny carbon performance with the added luxury of ICS...

I wish they were heavier than they seem to be by about 2-3 grains per inch across the board... Time will tell how their spine holds up.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

The arrow looks good but i wont change my alu' s for it.
Its a good thing they offer a wider range to choose from.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Droptines

What direction are they going with this one ??.They are claiming " devastating penatration" .The shafts are 17/64" or 9/32" .If this " new" skinny carbon shaft is the way to go,,then I think I would revist the old Beman carbon hunters.They run 15/64" and 16/64" .That out-sert makes them TUFF as HE!!.No joke.
I have hit some VERY hard things with them.The out-sert has mushroomed back over the shaft,,with out even as much as a crack.Talk about concentrated KE.Thats 16/64' s with 60 FOOT POUNDS behind it.It will be going thru your target,,deer,,elk,,bear,,,,,mckenzie [].
It looks to combine the best of both worlds it seems. No fooling with outserts (and their tendancy to eat up targets of all types) and no nock outserts or slip over nocks to cause tuning hassles (unless you use a drop-away). Yet they have the very small diameters approaching pultruded carbon styles.

My friend who runs the shop talked with me a bit about them over the weekend. He was impressed. Prices will be fairly reasonable as well..he said they should run about the same price as he sells CX standard shafting for...so I'm thinking they are going to be in the $75 to $80 range for shafts w/ components.

He has some on order, I'll be giving the 300s a whirl when they get their stock in. I'll put 'em through the wringer, you can bet on that

P.S. I'm not liking this new software upgrade..these new "smilies" suck! [:@]
Old 12-15-2003, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm...Lighter??... If what I am reading is correct acheiving a "hunting weight" arrow in a carbon won't be a problem.

If a guy can believe all of the sugar coating in the magazines they will be great arrows (shot into fireplace stone with no ill effects). Of course we all have experienced the propoganda that can be put in print.

I am fascinated by the technology but I will have to reserve judgement until I can get my hands on some.

Only time will tell...
Old 12-16-2003, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thouse old outserts uesd to come off in the worst places , like in the middel of a 3d target , hopefully these new arrows will fix that problem , but I can see problems with too much or too littel glue on the inserts , man thouse things are small , not much glueing area . If you use too much then you're going to have your points glued in .
Old 12-16-2003, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm...Lighter??... If what I am reading is correct acheiving a "hunting weight" arrow in a carbon won't be a problem.
I guess it depends on your classification of "hunting weight".

My finished 3/49 ACCs weigh 375 grains. The axis in a similar spine weighs only .7 more grains per inch. Not a lot more weight...
Old 12-16-2003, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

I guess it depends on your classification of "hunting weight".

My finished 3/49 ACCs weigh 375 grains. The axis in a similar spine weighs only .7 more grains per inch. Not a lot more weight...
Assuming a 28" arrow, yeah not a lot more.

Jump up to a size 340 w/ 125 grain points and feathers and you should be fine spine wise for a hard cam 70 pound bow at 28-29". And you'll get the added weight you are looking for.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

But Jeff, I just bought a "lifetime" supply of Rocket Meteorites on closeout...

and the 340 is the shaft I looked at.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

w/ the 125's it should net you around 40 to 50 grains. If you want more than that then go to a Beman pultruded Hunter w/ outserts & G-nock bushings & 125's (you'll need to use a drop-away)

Not Easton's fault you bought all those meteorite heads.

BTW, not trying to rub salt in the wounds, but there is a reason Rocket discontinued the Meteorites:Blade retention. Personally I'd dump 'em and buy Steelhead 125's.

Quick Reply: Eastons ST AXIS shaft

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.