Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

does mechanical broadheads shoot more

Old 11-29-2003, 10:29 AM

Default does mechanical broadheads shoot more

like field tips? I' m shooting muzzy 3 blade 125 grain and they fly a bit to high for my liking. And before i go out and buy some mech' s i thought i would get your input. Also do mech heads cut as good as the fixed... and cut a large hole as i' m happy with the hole the the 3 blade muzzy makes..do mech cut through bone as well?

When i shooting my bow with field tips they shoot extremely well at 20 yards.
Thanks and have the merriest of holidays!
ubub
Old 11-29-2003, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: does mechanical broadheads shoot more

They don' t always fly exactly like field tips, but they' re close.

On the other hand, if your Muzzy' s are flying a lot higher than your field points, that' s not the broadheads' fault. You' ve got a tuning problem with the bow. Either the nockset is too low, the rest is too high or maybe you have too much spring tension in the rest. Maybe your cam timing is off.

If it were my choice, I' d tune the bow, adjust the sights and stick with the Muzzy' s. Mechanical heads give me heartburn. Even if you decide to switch, you still need to tune the bow. Mechs aren' t affected as much by tuning problems, but they perform best when the bow is perfectly tuned.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: does mechanical broadheads shoot more

go to www.broadheadtests.com and check out the mech/vs fixed and tuning sections that should answer some of your questions.