Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

length

Old 11-27-2003, 04:15 PM

Default length

i am kind of new to bow hunting and am looking at the parker challenger. The maximum pull length is 27" and im 27" . The thing is is that i may grow a little and i was wondering if it would matter if my pull length is like 29 and the bow is 27. is this ok? And for that matter is the parker ok? Please help
Old 11-27-2003, 06:02 PM

Default RE: length

Parker makes a good solid bow.

I would not get a bow with a maximum 27" draw if you are still growing. I would get one that at least gets to 29, with a minimum of 27.

For the same price you can get a Hunter Mag and that would be a much better choice for you.
Old 11-28-2003, 10:56 AM

thanks for the answer but what' s wrong if the bow is a little to short?
Old 11-28-2003, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not much wrong if you' re just talking ' a little too short.' Like a half inch or so. In fact, I' ve done very good shooting with a bow that draws just slightly short for me.

But when it gets to being an inch too short, then you will start having to get into a cramped position to shoot it. Your form will go bad, your accuracy will be terrible. If it gets to the point where it' s 2" too short, there is a very good chance of injuring your shoulders or bow arm elbow.

I am in complete agreement with AKDoug. If you can get a bow that will grow with you, especially for the same money as the one you' re looking at, you' ll be far better off in the long run.