Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Well this " what a strong wind does" ...

Old 11-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well this " what a strong wind does" ...

I just called the " local" bowtech dealer. I was curious which of the ' 04s they planned to order and when the expected them.

I asked them if they were still a Bowtech dealer, they said no. I asked why not, they said they called to order a new bow in July for a customer, and were told they had to order 6 or none. They chose none.

Shop now deals Mathews, Martin and AR.

The Darton dealer gave up Darton, now this. I' m beginning to think someone besides my wife is trying to tell me I don' t need a new bow...
Old 11-25-2003, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Well this " what a strong wind does" ...

Sounds like typical dealer BS to me. :rollseyes:

One of the dealers I used to go to back home in VA (after my shop closed down) gave me a line similar to that one time..well a few months later after talking to the folks at the company I found out the dealer in question had multiple complaints from many customers about that kind of BS. Basically what happened was the dealer had to order a minimum amount of bows per year to keep a " protected" territory (pretty standard stuff in the industry)...but the guy had only sold about 1/10th of the amount of bows he had to keep that territory. So the company opened up another dealer., and then the guy started trash talking the company.The dealer signed the contract that had those terms in it...and he knew about it...he just didn' t like it..so when he couldn' t eat his cake and have it too, he starts spewing the BS when the real problem is a dealer.

Let me know the name of the dealer and I' ll forward it along to the appropriate sales person.

edit: hmmm..my BowTech sig pic is not showing up..website must be getting the 2004 update
Old 11-26-2003, 05:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Though in some situations I could see the situation occurring I have a hard time believing that any company would make a dealer order six bows at any one time that close to hunting season. It would hurt the manufacturer if the dealer could not get his individual orders in.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:24 AM

Sounds like it' s time to quit your job & open your own shop. If you make me an equal partner, I' d be more than happy to provide 0.5% of the financial backing to get you started. Now how can you pass up a deal like that?

If I had the archery knowledge (and if I still have money left after helping you get started[&:]), I' d love to open my own shop. The only dealer in our area is more than 30 minutes away and he only carries PSE. I have to drive more than an hour to get to any other shop.

You guys have really gotten me interested in checking out the ' 04 Bowtech line so I checked their site for the nearest dealer. Looks like I' ll have to travel about 1 1/2 hours each way to the closest shop. And they said they don' t expect to get any ' 04' s in stock until mid December. But that' s probably best, because I wouldn' t be able to purchase anything until after the first of the year anyway.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like I' ll have to travel about 1 1/2 hours each way to the closest shop. And they said they don' t expect to get any ' 04' s in stock until mid December. But that' s probably best, because I wouldn' t be able to purchase anything until after the first of the year anyway.
I do know that Bowtech has a " Bowtech in the boonies" program for those folks without a dealer relatively close to them. However, I do not know the specifics of what classifies as " close" . Maybe Pat can shed some light on that.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeep, I' m in the same boat. Would love to start my own shop, but am prevented from doing so due to having just enough archery knowledge to be dangerous, having no money, and 100% confidence it would fail. I' ve seen many shops come and go around us, there just isn' t enough population to provide the numbers to make a living off of archery

I also found a shop that is 1.5 hours each way, but they do also deal Darton, who I want to check out as well. Perhaps after the first of the year when the new bows are in and some glowing reports are available for reading here, I' ll have to make the trip up to see what' s what