Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt cam.5 modules

Old 11-25-2003, 12:32 PM

Default Hoyt cam.5 modules

Got a question for you guys that are very familiar with the cam 1/2 system. My draw is usually around 28" , it just depends on which bow manufacturer. However i know that its gonna be anywhere from 27 1/2 to 28 1/2 with any bow. I owned a 2002 cybertec with the versa cam and i had the cam module that topped out at 30" , and i was shooting it at its lowest setting which was 28. Well it seemed to me that the valley was really short and uncomfortable like this. My question is how much draw adjustment does the cam.5 offer. If i were to buy a new Xtec which cam/module should i get. On the 03 cyber tec i believe its the E5 cam/module that tops at 28" correct? well is the Xtec about the same or is it a different module that tops at 28 or is there even one that tops at 28. If not which is the closest? Does the cam.5 shoot better at its highest setting like the versa cam or is it improved in this way? Thanks for any info. Ill really appreciate it.
Old 11-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hoyt cam.5 modules

The cam 1/2 will shoot better and tune better if you are not at the longest draw setting IMO.They will tune best and provide a better valley if you are in the MIDDLE of the cams with your draw length setting.The only draw back is that you will lose some speed over shooting at the longest setting,atleast this has been my experience.I prefer a bit of a valley along with the smoother draw of having the cams set in the middle.

Hoyt reccomends shooting from the middle and I believe they actually give the draw lengths the same.Example,if you have a 28" draw,order a 28" draw bow from Hoyt and the middle setting will be 28" .They do this on most models when possible but there may be ecceptions.

The cam 1/2 system is awesome regardless of the draw setting but for optimum,this is what I suggest.

I wish I had a cam chart for the 2004' s but I only have one for the 2003' s.