Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

RH or LH bow

Old 11-25-2003, 11:11 AM
Spike

Default RE: RH or LH bow

I shoot with both eyes open. It has made a big difference. When I tried to shoot right handed My dominant eye wanted to take over. Every once in a while (if I didn' t have complete concentration and control) I would " peek" and make a real ugly shot. Now that doesn' t happen any more. It took me several months to feel coordinated enough to handle everything with the opposite hand but the shooting part came easy.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:32 PM

The easiest way to determine eye dominance is to point your finger at an object about 15 feet away with both eyes open, then close first one eye then another. The eye that still has your finger " on target" is your dominant eye.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

Another option on the eye dominace is to wear an eye patch over your dominant eye. Your eyes will adjust and transfer dominance in roughly a week or so. This was a common problem I ran into as a marksmanship instructor and found that not everyone has good motor skills or it doesn't feel natural to shoot with the opposite hand. Either way, the secret to good shooting with anything is PRACTICE. Hope this helps and good hunting.