Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Why not a Daully Mighty Mite ?

Old 11-23-2003, 08:04 AM

Default Why not a Daully Mighty Mite ?

Ok lets make it short. Why not a daully Mighty Mite? We have got the BKand the Patriot so why not a short axle to axle daully?I think i could get real interested!
Randy
Old 11-23-2003, 11:00 AM

Default RE: Why not a Daully Mighty Mite ?

My guess would be that as the ATA gets shorter, it gets increasingly more difficult to get the dual cams to work in sync, depending on the design of the cams. I' d like to see a 36 to 40 inch VFT Dually myself. As the ATA goes longer, you can use a smaller cam for less mass weight and less limb tip travel for even less shock and vibration. I' d really like to see a 30 inch riser VFT bow with a 41 inch ATA and the new softened up Dually cams. 90 meter robinhoods would be [8D]!!!!
Old 11-23-2003, 07:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

My guess....most folks that enjoy using short axle to axle length bows are bowhunters. Most single cam bows tend to be quieter with less noise and vibration. Put the two together..aka the Mighty Mite VFT...and you have a big seller. However, the VFT design makes any cam design exhibit less recoil and vibration so you may see a dual cam Mighty Mite in 2005.....
Old 11-24-2003, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO, there' s no technical reason why they can' t make a Mighty Mite Dually. Bowtech listened to many suggestions to come up with the 2004 line. If enough people would ask for a Mighty Mite Dually, they might just come up with one.

On the other hand, the performance gap between their Duallys and the I-cam bows seems to be shrinking. If there is a minimal performance advantage to buying a Dually, then Bowtech would probably only be producing that bow for a limited number of hard-core believers in twin cam superiority. I don' t know how many of those would really be short bow fans anyway.

That said, I still would like to see and shoot one.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sounds like an extremely wicked rig. Let me at one!

Good Luck!
Old 11-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hehehe........the 2004' s haven' t hit yet and already we' re offering changes for 2005!

Just imagine this change; Drop the brace on the Patriot Dually to 6 3/4" and bring the speed up to about .......oh 350+ [8D]
Naaaaaaaa ignore that request!!! I' ll take 330' s and an 8" BH anyday of the week.

I bet when we start to finally get our hands on the 2004' s you will forget all about 2005 very quickly.

Old 11-26-2003, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still think a Patriot or Mighty Mite Wheely would be sweet.