Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

T.R.U speed noks

Old 02-04-2002, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default T.R.U speed noks

I read somewhere recently where winners choice recommends the use of speed noks on their strings whenever used with winners choice strings. What is the reason behind this? Are the speed noks worth 10.00?
Old 02-05-2002, 06:00 AM

Default RE: T.R.U speed noks

I dont know anything about the Winners Choice strings, or their reasoning, but I put the speed nok on my bow last summer, and love it. Are they worth $10.00? Depends. I'm a little on the cheap side, and it irks me to pay ten bucks for something that probably cost less than 8 cents to produce,(yeah, I know, research, development etc., yaddi, yaddi..), BUT, it works great. I was able to ditch my peep tubing that was a pain in a lot of ways, and by doing so, also gained a little speed. My peep lines up perfectly every time. Would I buy another, if needed? Yep. Would I grouse about the price? You bet! But I do like it.
Old 02-05-2002, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the tru noc on my bow and I like it
gee they must have seen me coming cause they charged me 12 bucks for mine
the only trouble I have had with it was it tended to creep up if the screws are not tight but once I got them really tight no more problems.
would I buy another one dont really know
would probably try a string loop next time just to try and if that did not work I would put the tru nock back on
Old 02-05-2002, 02:53 PM

Those itsy nocks are apparently CNC milled, they aren't just cast out of pot metal, which is the reason I just unscrew them and put them on the next bow when it arrives. They are tough. Those micro screws they use on all their stuff, should be industry standard on anyone's gear, they don't twist off, and the phillips heads seem indestructible. Personaly, without prejudice to WC, I could easily live without their strings, they may be better, but regular strings are just fine, a product isn't defective if it lasts five years, but requires a few hundred shots run in, as the better non-WC strings may. The TRU nock is that much better. If you can afford $1200 (or whatever they cost) for a WC string, why quibble over the TRU nock?
Old 02-06-2002, 07:06 AM

I was having trouble getting my peep to straighten out. I got a Tru Ball Speed Nok last night Problem Solved! Well worth the 9.00 I paid.I don't use a loop so this was a life saver.