Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

P&Y Change in Letoff Rule

Old 11-20-2003, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: P&Y Change in Letoff Rule

The day any club allows pen raised animals into their book is a dark day for all big game hunters!!!

Let some " shooters" assassinate all the penned deer they want, even with genetic specialized breeding and nutrition supplements, it seems the biggest world record class deer are still born in the wild!
Old 11-20-2003, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Found this on another site. Best quip of the day.

* = unable to shoot a traditional bow.

[>:]
Old 11-20-2003, 11:19 PM
Fork Horn

I like 65% better too. I just can see a situation where dealers won' t be inclined to stock both now and that the trend might be influenced by availability. Course in some states 65% is still a requirement so it should hold constant there.

My position though is slightly favorable or at least hopeful regarding this ruling in that it will make it much easier for many more to acheive compliance. And hopefully having cleared that hurdle, be drawn towards the concept of fair chase. If there is a shift in that direction, that will benefit all of us.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:20 AM

If he doesn' t, CBM, I hope somebody tracks him down and delivers a hearty, open palm, slobberknocker headslap to him. He' s the one fanned the flames of this let-off BS in the first place. Him and is 75% letoff Mathews... I just wonder how big a deal would have been made of it if he' d been using some different brand of bow.
Exactly Authur P. .................that' s what my little smiley faces were for !!
Old 11-21-2003, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

CBM, you reckon Matt McPherson was sitting on his doorstep yesterday with checkbook in hand? You KNOW he wants that deer in P&Y so he can add another page to his magazine advertising. ' Mathews has a world record and Hoyt doesn' t! Nannanannawoowoo."
Old 11-21-2003, 07:35 AM

Yeh.........I think your dead on the money !!