Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone Use T.R.U Accelerator Balls?

Old 11-13-2003, 05:56 PM
Spike

Default Anyone Use T.R.U Accelerator Balls?

I have a 2003 Hoyt HavocTech bow with a 26 1/2 draw shooting 26 inch carbon express arrows 242 fps. I would like to get the speed up to a least 250 fps so I have at least 50lbs of KE.

Has anyone used the T.R.U. Accelerator Balls and how did they work? They say you can get up to 12fps more arrow speed. I was thinking of taking the string leeches off to and maybe picking up another couple fps.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:14 PM

Default RE: Anyone Use T.R.U Accelerator Balls?

I have never used one and would like to know how effective they are. I cannot imagine that they can achieve 12fps.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:40 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-14-2003, 09:44 AM

Navy,

I was editting my post when your response got posted. I took out my references to KE/momentum since that is a whole other discussion and fastflight1 really asked about TRU Balls. I guess we could always start up a KE vs Momentum thread, but looking at past discussions on the matter that could wind up being a big rathole.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:46 AM

I used the accelerator balls on my previous dual cam bow (High Country Ultra Extreme)and shot through my chrono, I noticed no gain in speed at all, I did however manage to destroy a set of cables from the balls hitting them. If your string is close to your cables be carefull as the string travels quite a bit forward of its resting position, on my bow the cables were close to the string, if this is the case with your setup I would advise against them. I been told you can also use nocking points and heat some shrink tube over them. If you want a increase in speed order a BCY 8125 string from George Bowman and you will see an honest approx 10 fps increase.Best of luck
Bowtech Dually
Old 11-15-2003, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Fastflight1. From the little info you put in your topic i would say it would will not make much of a difference for you.
I want to sugest something else. (not saying it would be THE thing for you)
See how many strands there are in your string.
I think you can easyly go down to 14 strands and this will increase your speed alot faster than those balls.
I believe the more you hang in your string, the slower it will go.
And after reading about damage to cables....mmmmm.....i would not even think about it...
Good luck.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Spike

Thanks for the input guys.

I guess those speed balls may not be the way to go. A differnet string sounds interesting. Can you twist the string to pick up some speed or is this a bad idea?
Old 11-18-2003, 12:03 PM

I tried the speed balls on a Mathews Q2 and got nothing in increase of speed. Put them on various parts of the string and accomplished NOTA.
Polack
Old 11-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is your bow maxed out in weight? Adding 5#s of draw weight could get you the extra 8 fps you want, but in reality, 8 more fps won' t make a hill of beans difference to your current performance.

What' s on your string? If you have a kisser, peep, peep tube, etc, getting these off will pick up fps just like lowering your arrow weight will.

But if you' re satisfied with the current shootability and grouping of your bow now, I doubt you' re gonna see much if any difference from 8 more fps.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:52 AM
CR

I use them on my Razortec with one of the spider silencers on each ball and gained 5 fps, but you will need a crono to find the " sweet spot"

Quick Reply: Anyone Use T.R.U Accelerator Balls?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.