Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone Use T.R.U Accelerator Balls?

Old 11-19-2003, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone Use T.R.U Accelerator Balls?

I got an even 3fps with them on two of my protecs. I know guys who have gotten more. Most I ever got from them was 4fps on a HCA Machined Supreme.

Like CR said.....you need a chrono to find where they do the most for you.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:11 PM

I read somewhere that said if you clamp a couple of brass nocks to you string, near the cam (s) and idler wheel....you will get a few more fps. Anything that' s near the center of the string slows down the bow.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

WalMart, the brass nock sets do the exact same thing as the accelerator balls do. They are way cheaper, but there is more chance of chewing up the string when moving them to find the sweet spot.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ised them also once and all I got was about $8 out of my pocket and they did beat the cables up. Brass nocks do the same thing but as mentioned you need a chrono to find the sweet spot. If all you are worrying about is speed then I would switch arrows. You are using Carbon Express now, right. Which carbon express. There are light to heavy shafts in any brand. You could easily shoot the new Easton Carbonaero' s and gain some speed. I shoot 27 Lightspeed 500' s and the total arrow weight is 279gr with 80gr target tips. This shot from my Pearson Freedom, 27" and 57lbs nets 272fps. With inserts and 75gr broadheads I' m still at 264fps. And for deer sized game I could care less about KE. When the arrow passes thru the lungs and blows 10" into the ground how dead is the deer.