Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Eastons Fatboy & HIT arrows

Old 11-13-2003, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Eastons Fatboy & HIT arrows

Some folks over at Anu....errr Archery-Talk (including myself) have been picking George Tetchmikov' s(sp) brain about the new Easton shafts

Here' s a link.

[link]http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=320134#post320134[/link]

The new Axis shafts w/ HIT sound very promising in particular. Small diameter, great strength, should make for easier broadhead alignment. Combined with a full helical & drop-away rest these should be excellent hunting shafts. Definitely gonna check ' em out.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Eastons Fatboy & HIT arrows

I have never heard of them and after reading your exchange with George I am still left a little confused. Are they carbon? Are they aluminum? Are they a composite? What is so special about them?

I guess I need to go dig around the Easton site....

Edited: Found them...forget it...
Old 11-13-2003, 12:45 PM

It' s hard to believe an arrow would bounce off a concrete wall undamaged when shot from 5 ft out of an 80 lb bow. That, I' d have to see to believe.

I' d like to try out the Fatboys myself.

-Chief
Old 11-13-2003, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, I looked at those briefly while on Easton' s site yesterday. I assumed, possibly incorrectly, that because they were still all carbon, they would potentially be susceptible to spine degradation similar to other all carbon shafts.

Is there something inherent in this new shaft that solves that issue?
Old 11-13-2003, 01:00 PM

I am personally looking forward to trying some of the new Easton shafts out myself. I am glad to see they have developed a fat shaft carbon.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:20 PM

Sign me up for the Axis !!!!!

But how does the insert work ? What will consistently keep it in the same spot ?

Oh yeh.......and do any of you know when they' re available ?
Old 11-16-2003, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

Jeff, I looked at those briefly while on Easton' s site yesterday. I assumed, possibly incorrectly, that because they were still all carbon, they would potentially be susceptible to spine degradation similar to other all carbon shafts.

Is there something inherent in this new shaft that solves that issue?
Well, not that I know of. But I' m willing to give them a try assuming the cost is reasonable. The HIT component system and small diameter are what intrigues me...especially after spending over an hour a few weeks back experimenting with some of my all-carbons trying to get a good spin with broadheads. 6 brand new arrows, 12 inserts, 3 brand new broadheads and I could only get good concentricty on ONE arrow out of the whole lot of shafts and components. That' s really sad.

The HIT system should help to eliminate that problem. If the shafts spine consistently (they should being Easton), and the straightness is decent (iffy w/ Easton all carbons)...this could turn out to be a phenomenal hunting arrow. Assuming of course spine does not degrade as fast as current IC technology.

Outta my 80 pound Liberty those things should get a pass-through on a 351 Cleveland! [:-]

Old 11-16-2003, 07:20 PM

Go with Easton' s best aluminum for the best consistency within the same dozen shafts. Great quality in their components!!!!
Old 11-17-2003, 05:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

What was the price quoted at? Somewhere at or under $100 a dozen?
Old 11-17-2003, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

What was the price quoted at? Somewhere at or under $100 a dozen?
I' m guessing $100 or more. These new arrows definately have my attention. Might try to pickup a half dozen once they hit the shops.

Quick Reply: Eastons Fatboy & HIT arrows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.