Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Eastons Fatboy & HIT arrows

Old 11-17-2003, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Eastons Fatboy & HIT arrows

Outta my 80 pound Liberty those things should get a pass-through on a 351 Cleveland!
Man I' m glad to read I' m not the only one continually vacillating on a new bow decision...

I' m examining the pros and cons of a 60# Patriot right now. 375 grain arrow at @ 292 fps, more than my current 70# Hornet, or a 450 grain arrow at @ 270 fps...

Can' t wait to draw one
Old 11-17-2003, 07:44 AM

Pardon me! Unless I overlooked that the " Fatboy" shaft is listed as a HUNTING shaft somewhere on the Easton site or elsewhere, or there are two different designs of the shaft, is not the emphasis that the shaft is designed as a TARGET shaft, intended for shooting TARGETS, and listed under the TARGET category?
Old 11-17-2003, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: c903

Pardon me! Unless I overlooked that the shaft is listed as a HUNTING shaft somewhere on the Easton site or elsewhere, or the are two designs of the shaft, is not the emphasis that the shaft is designed as a TARGET shaft, intended for shooting TARGETS, and listed under the TARGET category?
The FATBOY is a target shaft, the Axis w/ HIT system is a hunting shaft.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:54 AM

JeffB:

Meant to specify " Fatboy."

Just wanted to alert the " Jump on the new gadget crowd because it' s the latest cool fad" that you were not actually saying that the " Fatboy" was a hunting shaft.

I have seen bowhunters using target-grade shafts to hunt deer with.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

C903,

Ahh I understand now..most definitely the FatBoy is NOT a Hunting shaft. I guess I did not make that clear enough.

The AXIS is the shaft in question I was referring to as a probable excellent hunting shaft.

The Large OD carbons I' ve experimented with are far too fragile for hunting situations, IMO/IME.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

Outta my 80 pound Liberty those things should get a pass-through on a 351 Cleveland!
Man I' m glad to read I' m not the only one continually vacillating on a new bow decision...

I' m examining the pros and cons of a 60# Patriot right now. 375 grain arrow at @ 292 fps, more than my current 70# Hornet, or a 450 grain arrow at @ 270 fps...

Can' t wait to draw one
Range,

The vascillating for me at least has ceased, as I placed the order for the 80 pounder last week ...I guess I could change my mind, but with what I' m hearing about the numbers of pre-orders already for the new BowTechs, I don' t want to take a chance on getting my order pushed back.[]

I really looked hard at the PAT SC & Dual as well. It was a really tough decision for me. I eventually just had to flip a coin, as I kept changing my mind. After talking in depth w/ Pat about the Freedom-Cam as compared to some other manufacturers designs for smoothness as well as BowTech' s Infinity cam, I decided to go w/ the eighty pounder.

Old 11-17-2003, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I might have to look into getting some of those Fatboy' s for 3d next year and the axis for hunting.

According to the specs the Fatboy' s are a larger OD than my current CXL' s hopefully they will be a lot tougher.

I am very doubtfull tho that the axis held up after being shot into a conrete wall at 5ft.
But the HIT has got my intrest.

Jeff
Hopefully you will be able to do a test on them before I plonk my money on them[:-]
Old 11-17-2003, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really looked hard at the PAT SC & Dual as well. It was a really tough decision for me. I eventually just had to flip a coin, as I kept changing my mind. After talking in depth w/ Pat about the Freedom-Cam as compared to some other manufacturers designs for smoothness as well as BowTech' s Infinity cam, I decided to go w/ the eighty pounder.
Jeff, I' d be interested in hearing some of those thoughts. After BT Kevin' s comments on the ' 04 Pat being almost as smooth as the liberty, I looked at the paper- Both 33" ata (axle this time ) 1/2" difference in brace. Assuming the 80# liberty does 15 fps more than the 70# numbers Kevin posted, their performance is about identical.

Was there something(s) specific about that made you choose the Freedom over the Infinity?

In the end, I hope to be able to draw both and come to my own conclusions, but if the 80# liberty draws like the 70# pat, I may just have to go with a 70# liberty to get the same numbers of the 60# pat...

It' s gonna be a busy spring
Old 11-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Range..it' s a bit OT for this thread, but if ya wanna start a new one, I' ll be happy to later this evening..

gotta go make dinner for my boy!

Russ..As soon as I can get some info, I' m going to order up some of the Axis shafts. Maybe the FATBOYS too if I decide to shoot some spots with the Pro-40DC at the shop this year.

I' ll certainly be " reviewing" them if I can get my hands on some.

Old 11-18-2003, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

There' s something I don' t understand in this thread...

What' s the difference between a HUNTING shaft and a TARGET shaft.

Maybe I missed something... More like probably missed something...

Quick Reply: Eastons Fatboy & HIT arrows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.