Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blackhawk CAA vs Easton ACC

Old 11-10-2003, 03:23 PM

Default Blackhawk CAA vs Easton ACC

Has anyone shot these two arrows and care to comment. specs pretty similar with easton being 1gn overall diff in weight/doz and blachawk being 4gn overall diff/ doz. But blackhawk being $40/doz cheaper.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blackhawk CAA vs Easton ACC

Dennis,

I' ve fooled with them over the years and have a dozen (1/2 of 3490s & 1/2 of 3600s) currently.

1) They are a bit heavier on avg, than A/C/Cs (not neccessarilya bad thing)

2) They have a really crappy nock (no unibushing

3) They NEED a unibushing because of the design..they are very suceptible to nock end cracks unless you use one.

4) They are not always within tolerance for straightness (most are pretty good however, much better than the average all-carbon,but they don' t approach A/C/C levels in " the real world' )

5) They have an unpolished finish that is extremely noisy across a rest

6) They are a bit more finicky when you cut them and the carbon will lift/crack/separate if you do not cut & rotate them very slowly

7) Inserts are wider to accomdate broadhead ferrules, but are also heavier and not as high quality as the Easton inserts.

Good arrow overall. By the time you spend 20 bucks though to put unibushings and G-nocks in them, IME/IMO you might as well just buy A/C/Cs. :shrug:
Old 11-10-2003, 05:12 PM

I shoot the ACC' s and I' m extremely satisfied with them. They do cost a little more but I figure when it comes to the moment of truth I owe it to the animal to use the best made equipment. I have found the tuning is easy and they are very forgiving. I recently made a bad shot and stuck one in a stump with the practice tip on. Just unscrewed the tip and pulled the arrow out. Put a new one on and continued to shoot straight. Its the only arrow I will shoot. Good Hunting
Old 11-10-2003, 06:45 PM

buy the ACC' s - you get what you pay for!
Old 11-10-2003, 08:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Though I have never tried the BH CAAs I have tried the BH ACAs and found them to be severly lacking in terms of overall durability. I had more of them either bent or cracked then I did any other ICS style carbon arrow.

On the other hand, I have tried ACCs and found them to be more than acceptable in just about every category.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:45 AM

Thanks guys for the responses. I guess i missed the part of no uni bushings and if the nocks are junk then buying unis and new nocks there is really no savings. I dont mind paying a extra $15 for +/- 1gn weight overall per doz. Thanks again
Old 11-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot away alot acc arrows and they are still my favorite for 3D / competition.
I allways selected them at the shop for straitness because i took about 8 strait ones from a set of 12.
And before glue and finish them i also straiten them out on a arten straitener.
But a fact is a fact. They never failed me.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:20 PM

Old 11-11-2003, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Orions_Bow

You don' t say?