Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Man, I' m now considering a new Hoyt.. again

Old 11-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Man, I' m now considering a new Hoyt.. again

Well, I currently shoot a Cybertec and its been a real sweety to me the last couple years. But boy the new Hoyt' s, especially the Vipertec have my attention. I haven' t shot it yet, but I like what they did for this bow.

As its 32" ATA, how much of a difference is this compared to my Cyber, in a feel standpoint? I only shot the Havoctec while shopping and it was a hardpressed deal between it and the Cyber. I chose the Cyber.

THis is something I' m not too concerned with right now, but around Christmas you can bet I' ll be bow shoppin!
Old 11-10-2003, 05:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Man, I' m now considering a new Hoyt.. again

There is a definitive difference in feel between the Cybertec I had and the Vipertec that I now own. For starters, the Vipertec definitely feels lighter overall though the mass weight distribution is stretched more to the " ends" of the bow because of the new longer riser/shorter limb design. Also because of this new design for Hoyt the bow has literally no recoil at all. In that regard there is a noticeable difference between it and the Razortec that I owned last year.

As for bow shopping....give it a few weeks and you can have mine...as I will be getting rid of the Vipertec to make room for the next 2004 bow that I " need" to have....
Old 11-10-2003, 06:14 AM
nub

As for bow shopping....give it a few weeks and you can have mine...as I will be getting rid of the Vipertec to make room for the next 2004 bow that I " need" to have....
Frank; Try selling that thing on EBay. Even a Hoyt ought to be worth a couple of bucks used. Hell, someone may need a cheap boat anchor.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

nub,

I just might do that....though I hear that Mathews has the boat anchor market cornered....

Old 11-10-2003, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzy , I' d check out the darton magmun extreme allso before you buy . They have very diferant draw cycles and grips but are similar in other aspects . You just might like that darton .
Old 11-10-2003, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looking at the Vipertec' s specs, it would appear to be the ideal PABowntr bow. It also has reduced recoil? And it is alredy destined for sale? What, did you go out and shoot a buck with it?

Or is the performance not up to your new standards?

Will there be one of your excellent bow reports?
Old 11-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

The truth is Jeff....those Hoyts are just too pretty for me to take one out in the woods. I might scratch it or something.

Seriously though, my financial resources are thin this year. Because of this I am forced to sell a bow to buy a new one. So, if I want to get some other 2004 bows to try out then I need to see what I already have. Anyway, if the time comes and I find that the Vipertec was " better" for my personal tastes then I can always get another farther down the road. It has been known to happen before...

Nope, no buck yet..and I think I will be pursuing geese next Saturday...

...and I have not checked the performance levels yet. That is slated for this weekend....oh, and, yes, a review will be coming along shortly.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too pretty for the woods? Boy, I think they look awfully purdy out there myself

PA, I' m not going to buy a new one till after second season (if I need it). Then I' ll unload the Cyber for one of the new Hoyts. The thing I disliked about the Cybertec the most is the brace height. Its pretty short for my uses. The Vipertec does really have my eye though.