Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vibra Block by Bowtech

Old 11-09-2003, 07:27 AM

Default Vibra Block by Bowtech

I see that Bowtech has there own Vibra block for vibration.I have a solid limb bow a Mathews Ulta 2 and I never can keep the Sims Limbsavers glued on the my bow.Ive tried epoxy,JB Weld and just the adhesive backing that comes with the limb saver.They always come off. I was thinking of getting some of the vibra blockers by bowtech, and trying these on my Mathews.I was wondering if any bow tech owners could tell me if they like the vibra block and if they work good. Thanks
Old 11-09-2003, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Vibra Block by Bowtech

I believe BowTech' s VibraBlocks pretty good... They have a brand new design out now and they work even better than the original ones.... They look cooler too...
Old 11-10-2003, 05:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have not tried the new ones that Pat is making reference to....yet. Though my opinion of the " older" style is generally favorable. I do not think they worked as well as the Sims limbsavers though I did feel that they noticeably dampened noise and vibration.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:08 AM
nub

s.s., There shouldn' t be any reason you can' t get the limbsavers to stick. Your limbs have to clean. Any of that old epoxy or other crap you' ve put on there needs to be removed. Next you have to make sure you find a fairly flat spot on your limb. They will be ok on a slightly rounded area, but not any with an angled creese. Wipe down the spot with some denatured alcohol. Don' t just use the stuff laying around the medicine cabinet. After it drys, stick a new limbsaver on. Press it down real good, all around. Next take a sharp edge, like a knife blade, and scrape the perimeter of the plastic. You should be able to tell whats been scraped vs untouched. I have some that have been on for years. They should stick, if they don' t, call or email Sims.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

I have not tried the new ones that Pat is making reference to....yet. Though my opinion of the " older" style is generally favorable. I do not think they worked as well as the Sims limbsavers though I did feel that they noticeably dampened noise and vibration.

Exactly my thoughts on the matter. Looking forward to trying the new versions.