Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whisker biskets??????????

Old 11-07-2003, 10:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default whisker biskets??????????

how good od these work??????????..............bob
Old 11-08-2003, 02:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whisker biskets??????????

depending on the type of fletching and how much trimming you do they work great. 4" feather or a strong durable vane such as bohoning or Arizona Speedflight vanes work great. With carbon arrows I trim one side of the rest, with aluminums I trim both the front and back. Go to carolina archerys website and they will explain the trimming process. With some adjustments the WB makes a great rest for the bowhunter.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:32 PM

I still don' t know why C.A.P. doesn' t offer the bisquit pre-trimmed?? I trimmed mine to use with carbons it was less than a 5 minute process. I now have over 2000 shots through mine and it' s just about time for a new insert..no big deal. In fact, even if the insert developes an egg shaped hole you can just move it up a tad and it will still shoot perfect.

I practice with mine out to 70 yards. With my combo of bow, arrow and rest (your results may vary) I can keep a dozen arrows on a paper plate with broadheads at that distance. 90% go into less than a 7" circle. I cannot shoot any better, regardless of the rest I use.

The bisquits are a touch noisy with SOME brands of camo carbon arrows. I just use black Bemans or GoldTips and they are super quiet. I don' t have much experience with aluminums in the W.B. I have virtually no vane wear using bohning veins on Gold Tip arrows.

I used this rest to shoot my caribou this season at 50 yards. The arrow hit within an inch of where I aimed it. The bisquit does not effect my accuracy. The best part is that the bow layed in the snow with an arrow nocked and ready to go while I glassed and rangefound the area before the caribou appeared. They surprised me and I was still able to pick up my bow and bring it into action without ANY worry about my arrow falling off the rest.... let alone worry about nocking an arrow quickly. That alone is worth using a W.B.

There are people all over that don' t like this rest. I could care less. My hunting partner is switching this week after seeing mine in action. He could not believe that the damn thing works like it does, but seeing is believing when I shot that ' Bou.

If you have any questions on setup or problems using the rest, don' t hesitate to email me, Arrroman (on this board) or Ike at CAP. Any of us will help.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:07 PM

I drew back on a big buck and my arrow poped off the forked rest, so I had enough I went home and bought the new wiskerbisket with the quick arrow insert. I had it set up in about 30 minuets. I shot 2314 alum arrow, at first I had a little squeak. I stretch out the bisket a little, now no noise. I have killed three deer so far this year after changing have way though deer season.
Shoots perfect, no noise not one deer heard me draw. Al shots perfectly in vitals. I have had no problems with fleching or any thing else. I think this rest is the best thing that has come along for the bow hunter in a long time. No I do not work for wisker bisket. In my opinion a great great product. I have my freezer full to prove it.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:12 PM

ps I have not trimmed my rest or any thing else, just installed it and started hunting after about one hour of practicing with it. I practice all the time, but only about an hour after installing wisker bisket.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:24 AM

I have heard alot of people taking about trimming. What do you mean? How do you do it? What are the advantages?
Thanks for the help!
Old 11-10-2003, 11:45 PM

Trimming the bisquit goes like this. Remove the bisquit from it' s holder. Take a pair of scissors and trim the back side (string side) flat. On Carolina Archery Products web site there is an explanation.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:40 AM

To trim my WB,I used a razor,,VERY CAREFULY !!!.I just just went around the out side edge,with even pressure.Much neeter,clean cut.NO small stubby ends next to the disc when your done.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

They have been a big seller down at the local shop since they were first introduced. Even the skeptics come around to them once they have them on their bows during a hunting situation. Though I do not currently have one on any of my bows I do have one sitting aside to play with over the winter. I will give the " trimming effect" a try.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to be one of the sceptics, but now I' m sold on them.

Trimming helps, IMO, but don' t get carried away with it.

IMO, the new QS biscuits have softer bristles on them than the original ones did. I used to think they made too much noise on the draw, but when I shot my doe, I came to half-draw 3 times, having the deer look in my general direction instead of at the squirrel that was drawing her attention, or the clover she was eating. I don' t think it was because she heard anything (I didn' t) because when she happened to quarter away, and I came to full draw, there was no reaction from her to the draw or the shot.

Quick Reply: whisker biskets??????????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.