Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whisker biskets??????????

Old 11-21-2003, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whisker biskets??????????

lobi:

In my experience with the Biscuit, the point of impact does not change when you trim it, as long as it was set up properly in the first place, and the position of the Biscuit does not change. I have noticed that if the rest is not aligned with the bow string (perpendicular to the arrow) then it will have the effect of making the arrow shoot lower or higher, especially with broadheads. If the rest is angled somewhat, then trimming the biscuit will have less of an effect of pulling the arrow up or down. I personally would not mess around with it in mid season, unless you are really not satisfied with the way it is shooting. I have had too many times when I was adjusting this or that a day or two before I went hunting. Some of those situations cost me deer, fortunately the worst that happened were clean misses and a superficial muscle wound to the chest of one deer when I shot low.

IMO, these rests are not as easy to set up correctly as some people think. If you take the time to get them dialed in - nock height/rest height, center shot, Biscuit angled properly, etc., the accuracy you can get from them is very close to, or in some cases equal to what you can get from good shoot-throughs or drop-aways.
My broadhead flight and accuracy is equal to or better than any other setup I have ever shot, and the arrow can' t possibly be in the wrong position for a shot. After years of shooting a Centerest Flipper and Plungerest Low Profile with a rubber band arrow holder, I am totally at ease with my setup.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

thanks everyone....i'm sold!!!!....the wisker will be going on my new reflex caribou........................bob
Old 12-21-2003, 12:09 AM

I never thought I would like these WB but I think they work great. I am debating using one on my next bow. It is the simplicity of the WB that appeals to most.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:18 AM

I put off trying the WB for TOO LONG !!!!.Last summer I decided to give carbons ANOTHER try,,so I figured the WB would be a good place to start.
Well,,I must say, from the first few shots,,,I WAS HHHOOOKKKKEEEDDD !!!!.
I picked up some Beman 400's,that were already fletched,strait fletch,wich I was'nt too keen on,but figured I would give them a try.They flew like heat seaking missals.Even when I put Wasp BOSS broad heads in the drivers seat,still PERFECT FLIGHT.I only got out 3 times this season,but that Beman/Wasp,and Wisker B combo blew through a fat doe SOOO fast she never even ran.She stood there looking around,trying to figure out what the heck that noise was ????.Then she wobbled a bit, took 2 steps, laid down,,swung her head left and right,,,and it was all over.UNREAL[:-]
I have been playing with some feather fletching on my carbons.I have my own Bitzenburger,so I can get a real nice right helical on those babys.
My carbons fly even BETTER.I have shot 6 differant 100 grain broad heads,,ALL hitting within a 1/2" of my field points.To say I'm "sold" on the Wisker B,,is an understatement !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:20 PM

Spent the day shooting a local club 3-D shoot in the snow. My WB equipped bow took me to 3rd place in BHFS and 6th overall. Not a single issue in the cold, 20*F, or the snow. I was forced to set my bow down in a snow bank more than once and the WB had no issues with it.

I'll be shooting indoor spots with it starting Jan. 9th and we'll see how I do. I have shot a 300 with it in practice one time. We'll see if I can handle the pressure and shoot that well in competition.
Old 12-25-2003, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

once again thanks everyone.....and have a merry xmas..................bob
Old 12-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I thought about a whisker biscuit for my new Bow Tech .

nubo
Old 12-28-2003, 12:55 PM

I just got one for christmas and i LOVE it !!!!!!! it kinda messes my flechings up though ive put about 50 shots through it already
Old 12-28-2003, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you trim the rest according to the instructions on the CAP web site, the rest is much less trouble for your fletching. I don't cut the slots in like some do, but it works better when the back is trimmed flat. The type of fletch you use makes a difference too. Duravanes, AAE Speedflyte, and Bohning vanes hold up well to the biscuit. AAE Plastifletch Elite do not. Feathers work well too, the edges get a little "fuzzy", but hold up well otherwise and shoot great.

IMO, trimming the rest helps the accuracy somewhat.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:07 PM

joe PA ive looked at the site and cant find instructions on how to cut them please help!

Quick Reply: whisker biskets??????????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.