Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whisker biskets??????????

Old 11-11-2003, 07:08 PM

Default RE: whisker biskets??????????

i put a WB on my PSE Firestorm and im shooting better than my buddy with his $600 High Country with a high-dollar split-v, drop away rest. it shoots very true and consistent for me. i trimmed mine up and i' ve never checked speed, but the accuracy is still as good. i shot my first robinhood last sunday at 20 yards. i' m no pro and only 21 yrs. old, but definitely hooked on bowhunting. for hunting from a stand or wherever i' m saying its definitely accurate enough to get the job done.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:19 PM

I put the drop tine model for carbons on my setup this year and I' ll never hunt without one again. I didn' t have to trim anything it shot fine right out of the package. Try it you' ll like it!
Old 11-12-2003, 04:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff,

Out of curiousity, did you notice a speed drop before and after installing the WB on your bow? I have been telling folks that there is somewhat of a speed drop but that it is not significant in regards to trajectory or penetration (assuming all else is equal). The only time that we checked it we noticed about a 6-8 fps change in speed.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:25 AM

I' ve played around with trimming different biscuits and cronographing the speed loss. On one trimmed biscuit, with slots cut, it gained 2 fps over a standard 2-prong rest. Speed loss with vary, depending on the fletching (number, type, length, degree of helical) and with the amount of bristle trimming. Anyone concerned with speed, can set it up for very little if any speed loss. The biscuit won' t last as long if you trim too much, but even then they have a very good lifespan.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:08 AM

With mine untrimmed I was losing 5 fps with a full helical. I switched to a slight offset and am now only losing 2 fps . Also with the offset feathers I have seen virtually no fletching wear !!

Old 11-12-2003, 07:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

On one trimmed biscuit, with slots cut, it gained 2 fps over a standard 2-prong rest.
What?

How did you gain speed?...or maybe I should rather ask, Why do you think you gained speed?
Old 11-12-2003, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frank:

I have no idea about speed loss. The only time I chronographed a bow (in the last 5 years) was when you helped me check Frankenstein. Well, maybe I have just forgotten, getting up there in years, ya know![&:]

I can' t believe that the speed loss is significant, but then I own a Bowtech that I have never had chronographed, so maybe my perspective is lacking something.[&:]

On a more practical note, I recently picked up a helical clamp for my Bitz, and some AAE Speed Flyte vanes. They are considerably lighter than the Bohnings, and seem to have held up well when I was able to shoot them. I am 99% likely to use that fletching setup on the ACC' s and play no more with arrows.[] It sure is nice to have broadheads fly laser straight on target from a rest that is so hunter friendly and practical to use. JMHO
Old 11-12-2003, 10:50 AM

I SHOOT A HOYT CYBERTECH WITH GOLD TIP 5575' S AND USE THE NEW DROPTINE QS WHISKER BISCUIT AND JUST LOVE IT I HAVE NOT TRIMMED MINE AND CAN SHOOT 3 ARROWS IN THE SMALL CIRCLE ON MY MORREL; BAG AT 30 YARDS, BY FAR THE BEST REST I HAVE EVER USED, JUST TO TRY TO HELP YOU OUT I HAVE USED NAP QUICK TUNES BODOODLES, TM HUNTERS ALL DIFFERENT KINDS MY OPINION IS THESE ARE THE BEST RESTS OUT THERE, HOPE THIS HELPS,
Old 11-12-2003, 12:09 PM

How did you gain speed?...or maybe I should rather ask, Why do you think you gained speed?
Good question! Cronos can be off a foot or two and we only shot it through twice (same reading both times), on that set-up. The vanes were not hitting the bristles (because of notches). I can only guess that there is less friction from it sitting on some bristles, then there is when sliding across the prong rest. I' ve been wondering if the company shouldn' t try to develop a rest where the arrow just sits on some bristles, but isn' t a full capture style rest. It might be acceptable for those who don' t like the concept of the full biscuit.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:44 PM

I love mine. One arrow falling off a rest and spooking a nice buck will make anyone want to try one.

I have never thought about trimming it. You say trim the string side only? I am shooting carbons through the full circle biscuit. Will there be any changes or re-sighting in? Of course I' ll try the target before hitting the woods anyway but now I want to try to trim it in mid season. Thanks for any advice.

Quick Reply: whisker biskets??????????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.