Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dead Nuts vibration noise, need help

Old 11-05-2003, 01:14 PM
Spike

Default Dead Nuts vibration noise, need help

I bought a Dead Nuts sight a couple weeks ago for my hunting bow and can’t seem to eliminate a vibration noise being emitted from the sight every time I shoot.

Everything is tight to the point I’m afraid of stripping something. My only remaning idea is attaching a mini Limb Saver to the sight but wanted to get some input before I bought one. I believe exact source is the metal sight pins with an effect like a tuning fork.

Anybody experience this with the Dead Nuts? Any suggestions to cure the noise?

Other than this small problem I really like this sight.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:04 PM

Default RE: Dead Nuts vibration noise, need help

I' ve had no problems like that with the 2 I have put on bows. May want to call Copper John.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:10 PM

i have no problems with it either just got mine a half a week ago tho
Old 11-05-2003, 05:23 PM
nub

If your sure its the sight, try asking Al Coon with Copper Johns. [email protected]
They have great customer service.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a Dead Nuts and have not experienced the problem. However, I would follow the other folks' suggestions in that you should contact Copper John. They are excellent with customer service.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:29 AM
Spike

First to answer the question if I’m sure it is the sight? It did take a lot of analyzing but the definitive answer came when I wrapped the sight tightly with a cloth and the noise ceased.

Contacting Copper John was my first thought too, but I never believed it was any flaw in design, just a combination of issues within my setup that created a perfect harmonic vibration.

After posting this question here I searched the subject on Archery Talk and found where somebody had posted a similar problem with a Copper John product. The end cure for that individual was placing a buffer in between the sight and the riser. I tried a similar fix using a piece of bicycle inner tube. The noise was greatly reduced but wasn’t totally eliminated. However I do feel better taking a shot on wary deer now. With a little more tweaking and experimenting with other materials as a buffer, I’m certain I can get it to be totally quite.

Any input on buffer materials to try?
Old 11-06-2003, 06:49 AM

a piece of neoprene might have better vibration dampening characterstics than the inner tube.

You migtt be able to find a patch kit for waders that has some neoprene material with it.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:58 AM

SDR1

Take the sight off the bow and cut out some camo felt with adhesive backing and attach it to the bow. Use the sights attachment as a template. Then reattach the sight and tighten it down.I had this happen to my CJ sight a while back. You can get the felt at walmart in the hunting and fishing session.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:35 AM
Spike

Thanks for the replies.

tnichols I have some of that felt in my collection of " stuff" . I gave it a go and seems to work fairly well. Not the wholy miracle cure I was looking for but an improvement. Thanks!

Also I fabricated and installed some mini rubber washer to isolate the screws from the mount. I didn’t notice a difference but than again my right ear hasn’t been calibrated lately.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Dead Nuts vibration noise, need help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.