Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

04 Hoyts

Old 11-05-2003, 10:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 04 Hoyts

JeramyK,the answer isn' t always as simple as buying a new bow.

Sometimes it can be because the new bow will just flat out fit you better but the issue is really understanding what the problem is.The problems usually show up with any bow you choose but in varying degrees.The answer is to learn what is going on and correct it.This is why the pros can shoot any bow well(along with near to or perfect form).They are able to make the bow suit them and are able to adjust.Things like weight in the right place or hand/wrist position.There are exceptions to the rule,Jeff Hopkins is one.He tried shooting the newer Conquest 3 but he just couldn' t achieve the level of succes that he did with the old original Conquest.He did shoot the 3 very well but not at the same level he was used to with the old bow.This is also a testiment to getting a bow and sticking with it untill it becomes part of you.The really good ones may be able to pick up any bow and it feel perfect or are fortunate to shoot each bow in the lineup untill one just melts in their hands but the majority can adjust on the fly.

Jeramy,you may want to try putting a small weight on the side of the bow or a little stabilizer like a Doinker and see if it solves the problems.Experimentation can be a big help.Try little things and see if you are more comfortable and shooting better.Things like grip,high wrist verses low wrist.If you just can' t get the bow to shoot well for you,a new bow may be in order.The Cybertec is a bow that is a little less forgiving to those little shooter flaws than some others that have less reflex are.

To be honest,the best thing I do to get familiar with a bow for 3-d is hunt with it.I know it sounds weird but when I set up my bow to hunt,I try some weird shots in the yard.Things like sitting on my but and facing a target at 30 yards.This shot is a shot that requires a certain amount of torque to do and you see how the bow reacts to different shooting situations.After pulling off just about any kind of shot imaginable,I start to understand the bow(and shooter).For some reason I just realized this, this year.I shot my bow all year and learned more about how it performs best in my hands when I started practicing for hunting with what really amounts to trick shots in the yard.This will become a part of my new bow rituall from now on.

Hope I didn' t ramble on and had some usefull info.

Old 11-06-2003, 04:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tfox,

Excellent response. I had not considered that it might be a balance issue but rather was just looking at it from a structural support point of view. Hopefully, someone here will drop the cash on one of these models and report back.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

TFOX, thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it.

I understand there are some things that I could do to adjust to the bow. I am just not sure if I want to put the time into it. Maybe I' m wrong in feeling that the bow should fit me like a glove but that is what I am used to. Maybe I' m reaching one of those " can' t teach an old dog new tricks" times in my life.

Old 11-06-2003, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

do not foget that a conventional shoot through harness system wil not work with a C.5 either...there is only one split harness termination. Best they could hope for is the system utilized by Winners Choice for single cams.

But the problem is,unlike the Fury-X system or another shoot through the cables system, the U-elite still uses a cable guard..which really defeats the whole purpose of a shoot-through, at least AFAIC (reducing torque in the system).

:shrug:
Old 11-06-2003, 05:57 AM

A Hoyt with vertical limbs!!! I bet Matt is Stompin' MAD! Can' t wait to see the ads now!LOL!
Old 11-06-2003, 07:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

But the problem is,unlike the Fury-X system or another shoot through the cables system, the U-elite still uses a cable guard..which really defeats the whole purpose of a shoot-through, at least AFAIC
That is exactly what I was referring to in my initial post.

A Hoyt with vertical limbs!!! I bet Matt is Stompin' MAD!
Matt who? We all know it was Bowtech that introduced Vertical Force Technology.....
Old 11-06-2003, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff,the opposite holds true for the Fury x system.

You have a bow riser that is designed to have side torque from a cable guard system ,so there is a tendancy of the riser to compensate for something that isn' t there.Your sight and arrow cutout are to one side.

This comes from a conversation I had with a very reliable and professinal tuner.He has had the shoot through cable system on a shooting machine and has found the advantage very minimal if any when using a riser that was initially designed to have a cable guard.

Now,if you combine the 2,you have an awesome system.

From a balance side the shoot through riser is better but from a follow through stand point,the shoot through cable system is most likely superior.

Atleast in my way of looking at it and being familiar with the Hoyt bows,I believe the shoot through on this design will be awesome to shoot.Look at the Elite bows and you will see that it isn' t just a shoot through but the riser is actually split at the bottom also,imo,this adds to the overall balance and shootability of the bow.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

TFox,

Care to comment on the TRIAX limb pocket system found on the Elite series bows?
Old 11-07-2003, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes manufacturers do actually rate conservatively...
Blashpemy!

Flung any through the chrony yet?
Old 11-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pa,I haven' t seen the system up close but from the standpoint of a technical design(judging from pictures)it should be an awesome pocket design.I haven' t seen anything on the market that even comes close.On the otherhand,I saw nothing wrong with what they had but if it needed improving,this new pocket should be an improvement.