Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

99% let-off???

Old 11-04-2003, 10:15 AM

Default 99% let-off???

Anybody heard of this company before?

http://www.conceptarchery.com/

I have been following this guy' s threads over on www.archerytalk.com. His written details and his website information has a little left to be desired, they seem to be somewhat incomplete and confusing. However, from what I can compile, he is claiming he has a 300+ fps bow, Concept 99, with 99% let-off. Don' t quote me but it something to this effect, he claims the let-off doesn' t come from a module on the cam, rather notches in the axel, so the amount let-off does not effect the speed of the bow.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 99% let-off???

I' ve seen his " Press Releases" on AT.

He really needs to hire someone who can speak english, proofread and/or type. Maybe then we can figure out what he' s talking about.

I went to the website too. Not much better. Looks like someone forgot the " A" in " Stealth" [:-]

Existing High letoff makes for a more difficult to shoot bow as it is due to the " noodle-y" string. I cannot imagine shooting at 99%.[]

Somebody will buy one I ' m sure. Not me, but somebody...maybe Rangeball..he' s always digging up strange stuff
Old 11-04-2003, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, just because I dig it up and present it to the masses doesn' t mean I' ll buy it. I' m so cheap I usually wait for one of you guys to buy something and run it through the ringer and give a glowing report before I' ll let loose my hard earned cabbage...

I went from shooting 80% to 65% let off, the difference in holding characteristics and steady aiming is astounding... No more high let off for me, in the near future, anyway
Old 11-04-2003, 11:43 AM

I don' t know how anybody could shoot it accurately. Being a finger shooter, I don' t like any let-off above 65 percent.

Seems to me that the axles would have to be very large to accomodate such a set-up without weakening it. Seems to me it would be noisy too.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:16 PM

Tailor-made for the " Gucci" crowd and the " wannabes" who believe they are bowhunters. The bastardization of bowhunting is severely out of control. [:@]

If I had my way, any bow that has a let-off greater than 65% could only be used by those with a verifiable physical disability or limitation, just as some states do with the X-bow.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:28 PM

How do I spell dangerous " 99%"
Old 11-04-2003, 03:43 PM

What is it about the higher let-off that makes it so hard to shoot and dangerous? Is it the fact that you are not actually holding back any weight?

I would imagine that if you unknowingly creeped forward a little from full draw this thing may pull your arm out of socket. With no " forward" pull or weight to hold back I could also see a person trying to over draw or pull to hard against the back wall, almost pre-loading the limbs.

Old 11-04-2003, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Joe PA' s signature says it as good as it can be said. " The difference between genius and insanity is that genius has its limits!"

I can' t imagine trying to shoot a bow that only holds 7/10ths of a pound at full draw. Can you imagine the tendency it would have to torque!?! Even the release jaws gotta put an ' S' twist in the string! What keeps the string from popping out of the cam track??

Old 11-05-2003, 10:55 AM

Would there even be enough poundage left for the cams to roll forward after you released the string? Seems to me it may just sit there at full draw, or go limp causing the arrow to fall.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:04 AM

I have a sample Concept 99 here at the shop if someone wants to shoot one. It' s nowhere near as difficult to shoot/hold as some might declare.

I guess it takes a ' real man' to handle something that' s different from the norm!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.