Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

99% let-off???

Old 11-06-2003, 01:42 PM

Default RE: 99% let-off???

Well said Redpath...did you know hunters and anglers generate over 70 billion per year in revenue. That makes us the CEO’s of a company that would rank in the top 10 of the Fortune 500 club. Directly or indirectly the conservation all their employees do work for us and to think any state wants to shorten our time to spend money is ludicrous. Sad but true…the all mighty dollar drives this world and it is the collective following of all of us that has made or sport so big.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:10 AM

I have heard you can draw back, point the arrow at the ground and let go of the riser. The weight of the bow will hold it at full draw. Can anyone here verify that?
Old 11-07-2003, 10:52 AM

I have heard you can draw back, point the arrow at the ground and let go of the riser. The weight of the bow will hold it at full draw. Can anyone here verify that?
If you can' t, I' d hate to be the one to verify it. Ouch!
Old 11-07-2003, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well said Straightarrow!!!![]
Old 11-08-2003, 08:26 PM

HELLO EVERYONE, I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM BUT AM ACTIVELY ON THE IBO FORUM. I HAVE SEEN AND SHOT THESE BOWS AT THE VARIOUS IBO NATIONAL AND WORLD SHOOTS THIS PAST YEAR. WHEN I FIRST SEEN THEM IN INDIANA ALL THEY HAD WITH THEM WERE THE ONLY TWO PROTOTYPES THEY HAD, WHICH WERE DUAL CAMS. AT OHIO IN JULY, I SAW FOR THE FIRST TIME (LIKE EVERYONE ELSE) AND SHOT THE SINGLE CAM WITH 99% LETOFF.

HERES YOUR VERIFICATION, THE OWNER PULLED THE SAME BOW BACK, WITH A LIGHT-WEIGHT STABILIZER, POINTED IT AT THE GROUND AND LET GO OF THE RISER. I WATCHED HIM DO IT MANY TIMES THAT WEEKEND AND HE NEVER HAD IT SPRING BACK (BUT HE WAS CAREFULL NOT TO BOUNCE IT). THEY ARE GETTING GOOD SPEED. I STILL WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ONE FOR ABOUT A WEEK OR TWO BEFORE I DECIDED TO BUY IT JUST TO SEE HOW IT SHOOTS, BUT I WOULD PROBABLY ONLY 3-D SHOOT WITH IT. THESE GUYS ARE JUST STARTING, BUT ONE OF THE PARTNERS I KNOW HAS BEEN IN THE BUSINESS FOR A TIME NOW WITH ANOTHER COMPANY. NICE TO MEET YOU ALL, LATER BUTCHB
Old 11-09-2003, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

So it seems they can make bows with a let-off between 99 an 0 let-off.
I think it can depend on in what situation you have to pull back, hold and release.
It will be different for all of us.
I personally like to hold some weight at full draw and as long as i can aim at little spots and hit them to.....well....i think i let those 99-ers pass for a while...
But allways keep in mind what happend in the past with take-down recurves vs solid ones, one cams vs dual cams or even carbon arrows vs alu' s.
We should not try to close our eyes for the future.
Lets keep the sport going!
Old 11-10-2003, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Len... I' ve typed about 15 different drafts of this response to your high horse OPINIONS, but none of it wound up suitable for a family website.
Arthurp,

If you could only see the irony dripping off that post, like I do, you would have just kept that to yourself. You and c3po have to be 2 of the most closed minded " there is only one way to do things and the rest of you are stupid" type people that I have ever had the privledge of not meeting. Now, I have seen you come around and be willing to and concede a few points to the other side in recent months but you have to admit that you and c3po are the two most consistently elistist people in this entire forum.

Old 11-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion, today there are far too many people with tech bows that treat bowhunting as target shooting rather than hunting.
A couple of questions for you:

1. Who the f*** asked for your opinion?

2. How is that you came to be an expert hunter before you ever stepped in the woods the first time?

3. Is hunting the one exception to the " there is no substitue for experince" rule and if so how are people suppose to get experience unless they go out hunting in search of it?

4. Who the hell are you to define what hunting should be for the rest of the world because it doesn' t meet the criteria that tickles your fancy?

5. When and where have you done your research on all of these new breed hunters and how do you gather your info? Do you go along on these hunts with them or are these merely unsubstantiated opions? Is it " bastardazation" because like many middle aged men you fear the unknown or merely because they do it different from you. Or should we all just quit hunting and leave it to you?

Please expound!