Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

99% let-off???

Old 11-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 99% let-off???

Seriously Len? How did you get a hold of one?

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought " crossbow" ...
Old 11-05-2003, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought " crossbow"
All that' s missing is the shoulder stock.

It' s stuff like this that puts me in a serious anti-technology mood.[:' (] I' m going to go hug my longbow.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:07 PM

I guess it takes a ' real man' to handle something that' s different from the norm!
...and sometimes, it takes someone who is a " wannabe" but cannot or does not want to hack all that is required to be a true bowhunter.

That bow, and any other bows like it, will be responsible for putting people with bows in the field who should not be there.

With some manufacturers and retailers, greed for the dollar has become more important than the preservation of the sport.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:21 PM

I don' t believe it will put people in the field that do not belong. We have two in the shop that I shoot for and you do have to hold it back because there is no valley. Very stout force curve also. The way the riser is designed there is no feeling of torque at all believe it or not actually shoots pretty good alittle bit of hand shock but nothing that can not be tamed with some sims products. Very interesting design though. One side of the axle is larger than the other and the string actually lays down on a groove cut into the axle. I shot a 60# 27" draw with a gt 55/75 arrow (around 375grains did actually weigh it) 258fps.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:36 PM

sigep1967:

Apparently, you do not understand that there are people in the field today that do not belong, not because they know the truth regardless of the hype, but because they believe the hype. They know little about bow gear and the limitations of it and believe the gear does the work for them.

Hell, right here on this very website you have shooters proclaiming that it will be only because of their choice of bow, a particular type of rest, a popular string, and other various types of non-lethal gear that will be responsible for killing a deer for them.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:41 PM

c903
I understand that but until you get your hands on one and feel the force curve you will not understand what I am saying. I don' t believe a first time bowhunter will like it very much. It does have 99% measured let off but it really doesn' t feel like it when you are holding it. Unless the shop dampens the vibration before letting someone shoot it a first time bowhunter will not like it! They will not understand about having to put all of the assecsories on it to dampen the vibration when a PSE Ar Hoyt or Bowtech doesn' t have to have it.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:02 PM

sigep1967, Len,

If it handles half decent then what is it that has kept it from catching on? Is it the company, lack of advertising or just the public waiting for those “select few” to try it and like it before their money is spent on a gimmick? I can understand why so many may not care for it but in this age of modern technology there is nothing else like it. I would have to believe that it fits at least a small niche.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:14 PM

Very new company so not much exposure yet. Now don' t get me wrong it is a very well built bow comes standard with WC strings and cables and laminated barnsdale limbs. He also has a very fast dual hatchet cam bow that is very nice. The workmanship is very good also.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:27 PM

sigep1967:

Good observations and you' ve got you facts straight. Don' t let some of the posts bother you. Sometimes we have posts that " do not belong" .

Frank:

The owner/designer stopped by the store a few months ago and left us a bow to demonstrate. Like sigep1967 said, he' s a small company with some interesting ideas and progressive designs. Very good quality but limited advertising/finances.
[:' (]
Old 11-05-2003, 09:59 PM

.....but limited advertising/finances.
Appears he is getting some " freebies."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.