Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt Cam and a half... opinions..

Old 11-03-2003, 08:27 AM

Default Hoyt Cam and a half... opinions..

Plan on getting a new bow for next year... I figure now is a good time as the new bows are comming out. I have narrowed it down to a few bows, and have shot quite a few to narrow it down to the few I have.

The one I am leaning twards is the Hoyt Cybertec. I know they discontinued this bow for the 2004 season and added the xtec in its place. However my question is this. Is the Cam and a half everything that Hoyt says it is? No need to tune/time the cams, and easy to tune otherwise?

was looking for opinions of people that have already bought a hoyt bow with the cam 1/2...
Old 11-03-2003, 08:30 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-03-2003, 09:12 AM

Default RE: Hoyt Cam and a half... opinions..

Thanks Navy-thats the kind of feedback I was looking for...
Old 11-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

You will love the C.5.

I have a Razortec, and it is by far the smoothest draw I could imagine. I used to draw 60# on a Redline cam. With the C.5, I am able to draw 65# with the same percieved draw force.

Also a very very quiet bow, however it does have it' s fair share of Sims rubber thingies hanging off of it.

You still have to tune the bow, however I have well over 3000 shots through my Razortec, and have yet to twist or untwist any cable. From my experience, the C.5 IS all it is cracked up to be.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hoyt' s literature not withstanding, I look at the Cam and a Half (and other hybrids) as having many of the advantages of both the single and dual designs with not as many of the disadvantages. You are always going to have to worry about timing with any given cam system if you want optimal performance and accuracy. The cam and a half system is no different. What you tend to get are the speed and draw cycle of a dual cam with the solid backwall and low noise/vibration tendencies of a single cam...if I had to put in plain terms.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:56 AM

Thanks a lot folks, I really appreciate the responces. Like I stated, I really am leaning twards the Cybertec... I like the fact that its a little longer wheel to wheel (35.5" ) because I am a 31" draw. I feel longer bows help in not getting such an extream angle on the string in longer draw length shooters. I also thought it seemed fairly forgiving at a brace height of almost 7" ...

Thanks again for helping me with this decision!
Old 11-03-2003, 03:03 PM

with a 31inch draw length i would go with a ultra tech
Old 11-03-2003, 04:02 PM

I echo 98Redline' s comments.

I have a RazorTec and it is smooth. No problems and I' ve shot around 2000 shots through it. Robinhooded 2 arrows about 2 months after I got it from 18 yds and I' ve killed 2 deer and hog with it already this year.

I like shooting it so much that I shoot more often than I did with my old bow.

I' ve had no problems with strings, cables or timing.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

My 03' Cybertec has given me a month of trouble free service. I have no complaints with the bow at all. However I do feel it may not be the bow for me. It felt really good when I was trying out different bows. However rather than become more comfortable as I shoot it I have found it to be the opposite. The bow is definately fast and quiet. I' m just starting to think it might not be the best fit for my taste. Maybe I just rushed my decision.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

I think I will side in with Jeremy.I have had my Cyber since June and I really like it but it is not an easy bow to shoot,meaning your form must be pretty tuned.I would love to see this bow with about another inch or so of brace height.Maybe that is the reason that Hoyt has decided to discontinue the Cybertec for 2004.Please don' t take this as a complaint,just a precaution.Ron

Quick Reply: Hoyt Cam and a half... opinions..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.