Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Seen this yet?

Old 10-30-2003, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Seen this yet?

Not a gadget this time, but a review of a sleeper bow from a sleeper company, Diamond-

http://www.bowhuntingmag.com/field_tested/widow_0722/
Old 10-30-2003, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Seen this yet?

It' s looking good in the test, but when you look at the models from their site, it somehow looks a bit different...
I would not say its not looking good or anything....Just different...

http://www.diamondarchery.com/home1.html

Old 10-30-2003, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Than again...their site is a old, not-updated site...
Strange thing again...
Do they under estimate the internet thing?
You mentioned the widowmaker3.
At the site there is still the widowmaker (1 ? )
What happend to the #2
Old 10-30-2003, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Raymond, their site still lists the ' 02 bows. They' re too busy out hunting or shooting 3D to worry about advertising.

Actually, they' ve grown in market share each year they' ve been in business, and even without mass marketing, the demand seems to outweigh their supply, according to a rep of theirs on another board.

I guess not everyone wants to be king of the world
Old 10-30-2003, 07:05 PM

I got a chance to shoot a diamond bow in Tenn. It was the Machete not the widowmaker. It impressed me so much after 2 shots it will be my next bow (as soon as I get $650 bow money). It was short, whisper quiet, fast, and forgiving. Even their ads underrate them. When I shot it, it was 2 days after shooting a Matthews BM2 and there is no comparison. If the widowmaker is like the machete it is above and beyond what the company says.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:28 PM

Diamond is a local company. They are made a couple of hours down the road from where I am here in LA.

They have grown quietly and seem to be doing quite well for themselves. I only know of one proshop that has them. I just bought a Hoyt Razortec and I love it, but I didn' t know of anyone local that had a Diamond when I bought it. I will be looking at one for my backup bow next year.

I know one guy that shoots an older Matthews and he has a Diamond. Says it' s a good bow and depending on the situations he sometimes uses it more than the Matthews.