Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Got a response from mathews

Old 10-30-2003, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got a response from mathews

This
Something else you
might be interested to know is that the competitor that you had previously
mentioned lost two of their top shooters, , not to us but it is another
single cam bow manufacturer. Don' t know the reasons, probably money but it
will be interesting to here what their feelings are on shooting the cam 1/2.........

.....Shoot through riser' s ? That play wasn' t perfected in the first quarter
!!!

THANKS
ART HENDERSIN
WARRANTY/TECH
MATHEWS INC.
Is what mathews REALLY needs to take care of in 2004.

There is nothing wrong with being proud of your product. There is something very wrong with being unprofessional and juvenile about it.

Old 10-30-2003, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

JeffB, I agree 100 percent with you. It seems that a company that makes a great product can tarnish it some when handled this way. I' m sure it turns alot of people off from even trying a bow made by a company when they see this stuff. I know that bow makers always try to have a better product than the others, that is called business, but I wish they would stop seeing it as one company vs. another company, and look at the bigger picture. Archery is a brotherhood, no matter what you shoot, and everyone should do what they can to make it grow, especially the bow companies. JMHO.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:18 AM

I think Mathews is heading in a non-positive direction. Ole' Matt will have to have something huge up his sleeve to bring them back up to the level they once were !
Even though their sales are good right now.........I see a decreasing trend coming on.......unless like I said ......he' s got something huge in R/D !!

I have been a die hard Mathew' s fan....and only owned Mathews for the last 6-7 years. And I also have gotten all my friend' s shooting Mathews' bows. Years ago , I never shot anything even close to as smooth as a MQ-1 or MQ-32......but now-a-days there are so many just as smooth .
Reading all these posts has reminded me of how bad Matt screwed my old pro-shop (a Mathews senior pro shooter)..... Look at their advertising this year(even though I don' t think Hoyt is a saint either) and ponder about an seemingly insignificant problem on my LX.
My LX' s string stretched as they normally will do........problem is .......on the roller guard bows , this can cause your string to come off the roller during the shot (unlike a traditional cable gaurd). It quickly can eat up a serving ...........when my dealer called about this(since I got their first LX) .......Mathews said " strings are not covered under warrenty" !!![:' (]

After all these posts .........I think I' m starting to get ticked off about it !! Unless they come up with something unbelievable...........my next bow will probably be a Bowtech or possibly a Merlin (if I can ever get to actually see one) !!
Old 10-30-2003, 08:41 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-30-2003, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, I have been shooting Mathews bows for some years now and i like them!
I would not say I am a Mathews shooter for the rest of my life...no, no not at all...
I keep looking at other brands as well.
I once changed from PSE to Mathews and i had comment from other shooters like i wasnt loyal to the PSE and it wasnt done or something like that.
Well....fact was, and still is, Mathews makes good bows.
We can all go like there is something else better, but mine are still doing very, very well.
In fact, I was thinking about going for new targetbow next season and so far, from what i have found, mathews is the one i will focus at.
In a time where different brands try to sell bows with much different colors and non-reliable specs on speeds and all....
I still for the simple truth.
Mathews, Darton, Bowtech...... These 3 are af far ias i can see the most relaiable at the moment.
I really like to see what they come up with....
Oh..and as far as the shoot trough risers....It will simply not be my type of bow.
I just cannot see why it would be a step forward.
Arrows on these kind of bows are shot the same way as others.
As far as i know there is only one type of compound shooting arrows really trough the middle; the oneida.
Due the camsystem on the others the strings where allwayws a little bit out of the middle......
Simple as that.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Archery is a brotherhood, no matter what you shoot, and everyone should do what they can to make it grow, especially the bow companies. JMHO.
Amen my friend, Amen

I don’t think anyone can really fault any bow company for wanting to make money. After all they are a business just like any other, and have families to support and mouths to feed just like any one of us. The business plan Matt has is smart for long-term success. His marketing plan however has started to slide downhill..at least from a business " ethics" standpoint (if there is sucha thing[:-])

I’ve always liked the Mathews product, even though I’ve have had my ups and downs with single-cam technology over the years. There is no doubt Mathews has made some great contributions to archers and the industry. If I were not shooting a BowTech right now (and I see no reason to change with what I’ve seen of the 2004 offerings), I’d be walking in the woods with a Legacy or LX come Saturday morning. It’s that simple.

Regardless, the BS marketing, the insults, and the arrogance has to go. You can see it in dealerships, on ranges, and now it is blatantly promoted in the advertising. Friendly competition is a good thing, but this current state of affairs is unhealthy not only for the industry as a whole, but for Mathews in particular. How many great athletes, movie stars, musicians, or other folks in the limelight have destroyed their own careers by running off at the mouth on one too many occasions? Not to mention that this industry very much goes in cycles for the “who is on top” title. 8-10 years ago HCA was riding high. Now look at them. Only the SMARTEST successful companies have managed to stay near or at the top year after year. What about Pearson? Or Bear Jennings? Even enthusiasm for PSE has waned considerably in the past few years. If Matt and his advertising crew don’t turn this around, they will likely find themselves in deep dog-poopy very soon.

It all boils down to this: Nobody likes an arrogant Ba$tard, no matter how good they are at what they do.

Too much politics in archery these days…..[:' (]

Old 10-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

I don' t think I would be interested in a shoot through riser bow myself. I can' t seem to get the image of a souped up q2xl, decked out in mossy oak and all the latest bells and whistles. A little different riser design, new cam, and whatever other innovations mathews can dream up. Also shooting over 300 fps with a 7 inch brace height and modest draw weights. Also winners choice strings and cables as standard,(even though that stands a snow balls chance in h#ll since the zebra string is a mathews product). Hey, I can dream can' t I?
Old 10-30-2003, 10:58 AM
Spike

I bought a Matthews sQ2 almost 2 years ago. I looked at it based on it' s " hot reputation" I bought it because I liked what I saw. After reading some of the replies about their attitude I couldn' t agree more. I have experienced their marketing attitude through my local pro shop. I was having trouble with string stretching and went in to talk to him about it. I asked to order a winners choice string and was made to feel embarassed for asking such a thing. I took his " advice" and put on a Zebra. I am already experiencing the same problems as last year. I can tell you the next string won' t be a Zebra. When I look to buy a new bow I know I won' t be so quick to jump at Mattews again[X(
Old 10-30-2003, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

business " ethics" standpoint (if there is sucha thing )
Now that' s funny.

I' ve never been one swayed much by advertising. But the new direction Mathews is taking sways me, far away. If they must digress to bashing and negative advertising; this says to me there is a lack of confidence in their product' s ability to stand on it' s own merit.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:33 PM

Innovations are what keep companys going,if nothing ever changed we would not buy new,I look forward to the new bows & innovations coming out every year.
As for the adds Mathews runs they must work, I shot at the 2003 Indoor Nationals
in Kansas City in March, at least 1000 shooter there I bet 80-90% of the bows the
there were Mathews. Also shoot thru risers are nothing new anybody remember
the York STO ? They were junk.

Quick Reply: Got a response from mathews

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.