Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Follow up on slipping summit stand!!! Please read!

Old 10-29-2003, 01:46 PM

Default Follow up on slipping summit stand!!! Please read!

Ok, see the topic summit stand pinging if you want some background but basically my summit viper was slipping too much on trees. Smooth bark trees but even rough bark trees if the bark wasn' t very smooth. I emailed summit and they sent me another stand right out with a pick up sticker from Fed ex so I could send my old one back This was very cool.

The new one came today and I haven' t climbed with it but I noticed two differences right away over my 2 year old stand. The first is the ends of the teeth that dig into the tree are now 1/4 inch wide at the tips, on my old stand they are 3/8 inch wide. I am guessing this helps it dig into the tree better. Also, the toe strap has been moved out from the tree one cross bar. On the old stand, the toe strap was between the first and second cross bar (there are five across the bottom platform). On the new stand it is between the 2nd and third cross bar. I am guessing that this puts you and your weight farther from the tree which creates more leverage for the teeth to bite into the tree.

I thought thier customer service was excellent and they have apparently made some changes in the last couple years. Can' t wait to try it out!! Dave
Old 10-29-2003, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Follow up on slipping summit stand!!! Please read!

Did you email them or call them? Mine is having some problems too. Did it make the ping when you walk? Mine slips on all trees sometimes too. That would great to get in touch with them and no questions asked get a new one!
Old 10-29-2003, 06:37 PM

I emailed them Friday and the new stand came today. They included a fed ex tag so I could ship the old one back for free. Nice customer service!
Old 10-29-2003, 06:38 PM

Mine didn' t ping but it slipped on smooth bark trees and rough bark trees unless the bark was very soft.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:16 PM

Clearanceman - I' m the guy with the pinging stand and I also just received a replacement stand from Summit. I was wondering if you are able to get your old stand back in the box???? My old stand seems to be a little longer than the new one.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:28 PM

hmmmm. Mine fit fine.. Did you try yours out yet? I haven' t had a chance to yet.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

The customer service dept. is on the ball there at Summit. I emailed them last night and the customer service emailed me back this afternoon. He said summit stands just dont do this by design and said he would like to replace it. So hopefully I will be able to start using my climber again here a week or so. I' ve been lost without it.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:00 AM

I did finally get the stand into the box. I just didn' t have the upper and lower sections pushed together hard enough. Still, the stand just barely fit in the box. I' ll have to wait till Saturday to try out the new stand.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:11 PM

Used my new stand. It grips better for sure and seems stronger. Nice! Dave
Old 11-10-2003, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go buy an API and you won' t have to worry about that. Also, you won' t have to worry about the awful noise the summits make when you are hunting persimmon trees. I personally think it' s tough enough to narrow down the right tree without narrowing the search with the size of the tree and the type of bark etc. If it' s a tree and it' s in the right place and it' s anywhere from as big around as my calf to too large to reach around, I can climb it and my stand is quiet. I don' t give a damn what kind of bark it has.

Quick Reply: Follow up on slipping summit stand!!! Please read!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.