Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What would you like to see from mathews in 2004?

Old 10-23-2003, 06:48 PM

Default RE: What would you like to see from mathews in 2004?

38" , less than 4#' s, 7" + BH, " Straight-Line" style cam, paint that won' t peel off (the handle on my Legacy is now silver), more cofortable grip (maybe smothing out the metal ridge that you thumb rests against).

Old 10-23-2003, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really can' t fault Mathews in the past year or two. I' ve been very impressed with the Legacy and LX from a shooting standpoint.

I would suggest they put the new limb pockets on all the bows, and trash the string suppressors. IME they are more trouble than they are worth (wear out and/or lose effectiveness qucikly: leeches and catwhiskers work better).

I will say the new strings on the LX blow big honkin chunks, but the other Zebras I' ve had in recent years have been pretty good :shrug:

Most of all they need to lay of the " slam" advertising. Though there is some merit in what they have to say, it is done in extremely poor taste and makes them look like a bunch of idiots.

Old 10-23-2003, 08:46 PM

I' m not sure what I wan' t them to come out with,,but I know I' m going to get something new,,more than likley a MATHEWS.I have been shooting one Mathews or another since 94' ,,and can' t see my self changing " brands" .
I will say the BowTech' s had me peekin,,and even seeked out a dealer a month ago,,just to get a closer look.They seem OK,,but I think,,because I' m so used to the way the Mathews " feel" when the shot goes off,,I don' t think I could get used to a differant bow.
I' m VERY UP IN THE AIR over my next bow.I' m shooting an SQ2 now,,but remember being a better shot with my Q2XL.NOW,,I' m thinking going longer a to a,,but FASTER,,,like BLACK MAX faster.
I see my self throwing some heavy aluminums,,to tame the beast,,and extract enough KE to push a ShockWave through a whitetail,LENGTH WAYS[:-]
Keep in mind I only have a 27" draw,so good KE takes some work to get.I' m thinking of the Black Max II as a " pet project" .What do you MATHEWS shooters think ??.I know,,I know,,Matt has sweeter shooters than the Black Max,,but I have that power house stuck in my head[]
I see an expensive lesson in my future ,,AGAIN [X(]
Old 10-24-2003, 06:07 AM

Well,Lets see here,a Mathews wish list.Now remember,it' s kind of hard to top my LX,and I really liked my Q2,but here it goes....Get rid of the Zebra Twist,a thinner grip,much more durable camo coat.Both the Q2 and the LX had a " tick" on the first draw,but with a little work I got rid of that on both bows...How about a 36in.,80%,60-70lbs,7,1/2BH(or better)single cam,silky smooth draw,ultra quiet,shock free,IBO 320-330fps,in Realtree or Mossy Oak.Maybe just take a little of the Legacy,LX,toss in a little Q2,SQ2,a dash of MQ1,and garnish with the Black Max...Hey,You got to have some fun with this...Bob
Old 10-24-2003, 08:18 AM

I wan' t an MQ-1 in Realtree with dampiners , HP cam, IBO 330, and better string' s/cables !!

Or an LX with 7" -7.5" bh, IBO 330, traditional cable guard, and better strings/cables !!

Or is that about the same thing !!!
Old 10-24-2003, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Trestand, how did you get rid of that annoying tick, as I have been dealing with it on my lx too. Keep the ideas coming. Thanks, BHunter32.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:57 AM

The tick or popping sound is coming from the little black clips on the top limb....Where the cable hooks to....Its not the suppressors...
Old 10-25-2003, 07:13 AM

I SHOOT AN FX.IT' S A SLEEPER.27IN DRAW@66LBS,CX200,[email protected],QUIET,SMOOTH,EASY TO DRAW AND SHOOT.BEST OF ALL,$400.DOINKER SHORTY,BEAVERBALLS,PEEPSIGHT,TRUGLOW 3PIN.1PIN 10-30YDS,2ND PIN 35YDS,3RD PIN 40YDS.I DON' T(WON' Y)SHOOT PAST 35 NO MATTER HOW BIG.I' VE SHOT 5 DIFFERENT MATHEWS BOWS, CAN' T SEE THEM MAKING TO MANY MORE CHANGES,AND WHY.JUST MHO.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Personally, I think they will simply do more subtle, low-cost refinements like they have been doing for the past several years to maximize profit margins. Remember, Matt is all about the money, just as all businessmen are.

Dual cams won' t work now, he cannot do it now without looking completely silly after the " twin cams are history" banner he waved for many years. Likewise, he now cannot build a hybrid either after the 2003 campaign he promoted to smear Hoyt and all hybrid designs. To do so would make him a laughingstock and he certainly knows this also.

So, I think he' ll tout the same old thing until he runs out of rope, then will probably dump it and either do something else or retire to his guitars and other things like his gospel singing. He' s loaded, so if this company becomes an albatross, (much like McPherson did) IMO he' ll simply sell it, just as he did McPherson. Unfortunately he has advertised his way into a corner in this particular case, and only has a couple of options now instead of many. JMHO.

Old 10-25-2003, 10:59 AM

pinwheel,you hit the nail right on the head[]

Quick Reply: What would you like to see from mathews in 2004?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.