Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Still looking for bows.

Old 10-22-2003, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Still looking for bows.

nuge, I suspect the 04s will be close in price to the 03s (don' t know positively). The Stalker is discontinued for 04. The Patriot single cam would be close ATA, as would the Liberty. The Liberty will have very similar brace height & speed compared to the Stalker. The Pat more speed & less brace. Both bows will be better shooters than the Stalker in terms of recoil, vibration, & noise due to the VFT design. If you want a top of the line bow, these are two definite considerations.
Oops, yes I install limb savers along with the Vibra Blocks. The Blocks have been redesigned for 04. So I' ll wait & see if it' s necessary on the 04s. No the string silencers don' t break off like Leeches. The silencers are also redesigned for 04.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:10 AM

Default RE: Still looking for bows.

Nuge, I have a BowTech Stalker and am very happy with it.

Just took an elk with it about a month ago. I wanted the lightest bow I could find (we hunt hard often several miles back in the timber, add some serious mountain terrain and even a light bow feels heavy).

Besides that I shot a lot of bows and it just felt right (the price was right too). You could most likely pick up a 2003 cheap since the 2004 models are coming out.

I myself was thinking about getting a Mathews this next time around but that Liberty has got me very interested.