Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2004 BowTech Liberty Picture

Old 10-23-2003, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 2004 BowTech Liberty Picture

Actually nub, I also shoot an ' 03 Pat SC at 70 lbs with a 30 inch draw and I found the draw cycle to be totally acceptable. However, the draw cycle on last year' s Pat I-cam was a bit smoother than that found on the other I-cam bows in their lineup and definitely smoother than the ' 01 Pro38 that I had the year before. The ' 03 Pat DC' s draw cycle can, arguably, be called the stiffest draw cycle I have ever owned. I think that is the reason they rounded out most of the draw cycles on the various bows for this year.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nub

Yes, I read the forums and have seen this stated many times, " That BowTech has a very hard draw cycle" so we made a smoother bow.
I shoot the 03 Pat DC at 70 lbs. and love the draw cycle. [:-] Maybe some people should face the fact they over bow themselves. Great bows and great custumer service.
Could be very true Nub about the overbowing. I can' t say I loved the draw cycle on the 2003' s @ my normal 70 pounds, but I could handle it. I' m just getting old and crotchety and my back likes a little bit easier draw cycle I' ll be giving a 2004 dual cam of some sort a try-out.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

Is it wrong that I' m a little aroused by that? Very nice bow.

No, I don' t think being a little aroused is wrong... Well, yes I do.... You should be allot aroused!!!!...
You two have issues![]

[:-]
Old 10-24-2003, 05:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I' m just getting old and crotchety and my back likes a little bit easier draw cycle I' ll be giving a 2004 dual cam of some sort a try-out.
...and this is the guy who is going to order an 80 lb Liberty.....[:' (]
Old 10-26-2003, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

...and this is the guy who is going to order an 80 lb Liberty.....
Hee hee ...I don' t mind the peak weight at all if the cam is smooth enough. It' s those back end draw cycle buildups that give my back fits.

Be that as it may, I was/am quite satisfied w/ the performance from my Mathews Legacy and Patriot singlecam and a 70 pound Liberty should be in the same ballpark as both of those, so I may just stick with 70 pounds, and enjoy the smoooooooooooooooooooooooth draw

who knows?..too many bows..not enough cash...I' ll change my mind momentarily
Old 10-27-2003, 05:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, tell me about it....I am back to having the Liberty as my first choice though that MM VFT is just calling to me...
Old 10-27-2003, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just may have to rob a bank to get all the bows I think I need. The decisions as to what to buy will be hard ones.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Frank.......I' m having the same internal battle as you!
I' m 99% sure I' m going to order a Liberty, because " On paper" it' s my ideal hunting bow........but that long lost shorty is still calling. After owning a Mighty Mite I' m anxious to see the " New" VFT style version, and its a BURNER for that brace height![]
I' ve been given the " Official" Go ahead (All you married guys know what the " Official" go ahead means) to order at least one new bow (Working on 2 )so now its just a matter which one or ones?

I guess there could be worse things to worry about huh!?