Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2004 BowTech Liberty Picture

Old 10-21-2003, 03:00 PM

Default RE: 2004 BowTech Liberty Picture

Toby-

2004 specs

Patriot VFT Brace: 7” Peak weights: 50,60,70,80 Draw Lengths: 25-30 AtoA: 33” Mass Meight: 3lbs 12oz IBO speed: 320-328 FPS

2003 specs

Patriot VFT Brace: 7.25" Peak weights: 40,50,60,70 Draw Lengths: 25-30 AtoA" 33.75" Mass Weight 3.95lbs IBO speed: 312-320 FPS

Little less a to a and brace height, maybe weight too, plus +8 fps
Old 10-21-2003, 03:55 PM
CG

I think it is great that they came up with the " F-cam" bows......I shot and purchased an MQ1 after shooting a Patriot and Extreme VFT......The one and ONLY selling point was shot noise.....There was virtually no difference in shock, " comfort" , recoil etc. (speed was irrelevent...anything above 300fps IBO was a contender) but there was a DEFINATE noise difference. I' m by no means a Mathews groupy and I shot many bows to find the " quiet" one.....This new Liberty might be contender and I would guess that is what they were trying for but that is yet to be seen.......
Old 10-21-2003, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds to me like they are doing what the costumer asks for. I have read here several times and on other forums of people looking at a Bowtech that it had more shock, kick or noise than brand X and they didn' t care how fast it is just that it be around average in the speed range. I think the MM VFT will be a good seller. The only thing we havn' t seen is the MSRP on the bows. IMO the liberty should be around the $599 range because the other bows with the EXTRA SPEED would in most costumers minds cost more because you are getting more but if they are priced the same as the EVFT or Patriot Dually I think it won' t float in the market place. As far as the pushing the the speeds or making major changes to the BK and Patriot dually and the uni' s why there have been no real contenders yet as far as speed goes for the BK and as long as the sales are steady and or climbing why change it.
I think the BK would have been better served with a tall brace but who knows.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:41 PM

WOW!!! What a great looking bow!!

Any word on when the 04s should be avialbe at our local dealers?

It' s gonna be real tough chosing only one
Old 10-21-2003, 08:51 PM

I [>:]am the biggest speed fanatic in the world, I am the one who convinced everyone that we needed a smoother drawing bow. Yes, I read the forums and have seen this stated many times, " That BowTech has a very hard draw cycle" so we made a smoother bow.

I can promise you the 04' s are faster than the 03' s[8D]. I shoot my test 04' Patroit at 332 - 333 fps IBO everyday[]. This is @ 70#, 30" exact draw.

Toby from Mo,
I changed the riser, limbs, cams, mods, bearings, string and cable material, grip, pockets, dampening system in pocket, and camo. I will shoot this model this year as my choice of arrow launcher, and I wish you' d just go give it a chance. It is IMO that this is the smoothest shooting bow we have, excluding the Lberty, yet it smokes[>:]. We are very conservative this year on rating our new bows.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:54 PM

Mr. Bowtech,

Thanks for the info. I have to say the changes you guys have made to the Patriot SC have got my attention? Personally, IMO, you guys may not sell another Extreme VFT. If what your saying about the Patriot is true then Bowtech has in fact answered my requests from last year. The few extra fps rating from the Extreme VFT won’t make a difference. Would you say the draw cycle on the Patriot changed any? I have always thought the draw cycle on your SC bows were always very acceptable.

I am very happy to hear this year’s ratings are conservative. Though speed is a part of the equation I do realize it’s not the only part. However, with that said, it was speed or more specifically the speed rating that turned me away from the Extreme VFT last year. I don’t consider myself the typical speed freak. I currently shoot a brand “X” bow and I shoot a 435gr arrow at 286 fps. That’s @ 30” w/70lbs draw @ 80% letoff and a full string w/silencers, peep, brass nock and a supply of eliminator buttons. To do this you need just a little “horsepower”. Well last year I drove over 100 miles to my nearest Bowtech dealer that had an Extreme VFT, Heartland Archery in Mt. Vernon, MO. I “test drove” two different Extreme VFT’s and a Patriot SC. The best speed we could muster was 282. That was with the Extreme VFT, 30” @ 70lbs. with nothing but a single brass nock on the string. I was shooting my arrows and my release. I even brought in my bow and tested the chrono. Needless to say, I wasn’t happy about driving 100 miles to go home empty handed.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:44 PM

Mr. Bowtech Rd,
Is it only the freedom cam bows which have the larger idler wheel? Does that larger idler take away some of the knock travel in the bows?
Old 10-22-2003, 12:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-23-2003, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is it wrong that I' m a little aroused by that? Very nice bow.

No, I don' t think being a little aroused is wrong... Well, yes I do.... You should be allot aroused!!!!...
Old 10-23-2003, 09:03 AM
nub

Yes, I read the forums and have seen this stated many times, " That BowTech has a very hard draw cycle" so we made a smoother bow.
I shoot the 03 Pat DC at 70 lbs. and love the draw cycle. [:-] Maybe some people should face the fact they over bow themselves. Great bows and great custumer service.

Quick Reply: 2004 BowTech Liberty Picture

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.