Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2004 BOWTECH SPECS

Old 10-22-2003, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2004 BOWTECH SPECS

Sheesh, I' ll bet the only way you know the shot was taken (w/ 500 gr) is seeing the deer drop. Those bows must be whisper quiet with that arrow.[:-] <---- (for you Jeff)
Old 10-22-2003, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, My mom was right. I AM special...

Kevin, thanks a ton. That' s definitely an eye opener. All of those speeds are faster/more powerful than my Hornet, even the Freedom Cam bows... I assume you only had 1 nock on the string, everything else stock?

Patriot VFT is very close to the Dual cam' s performance. Who' d a thunk. And the Pro 40 Dually looks sweet too. 37.5 ATA isn' t too much for a treestand bow, right? Also can' t wait to put the draw on the Liberty

Looks like I' m gonna have some shooting to do. Kevin, when should these bows be available at dealers?
Old 10-22-2003, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kevin,

Very impressive speeds. I think Matt is correct, you may have switched the speeds around for the Liberty & Justice by accident

Interesting how the DC40 was a bit more efficient w/ heavy arrows vs. the DC PAT, then the DC PAT picked up more on the lighter arrows.

I had been wanting to order an 80 pound Liberty, but may just stick with 70 as those speeds are already near or surpassing my Patriot w/ Infinity cam! []

The BK is SMOKING! Not my cup of tea with that brace height, but for people with shorter draws, whhhoaaa….

Is there any info you can provide on the cam lean (or lack thereof) on the duals, and the new string material?

Also I see you mentioned a pocket “liner” or dampener. I had suggested that very thing on a few occasions to the powers that be @ the home-office, and I’m glad to see it incorporated; should make for a much quieter bow. New Hush kits/silencers look good…more surface area on those “fingers” to absorb & dissipate vibration than last years while overall size remains the same so speed loss is minimal. Very nice. BTW Everyone, I have been informed that the NEW Vibrablocks did not make the photo shoots, those are the originals in the pic I posted.

Thank you again for letting us pick your brain a bit Kevin! [:-]

Old 10-22-2003, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m still thinking possibly Liberty at 80#s. With the pivoting limb cups, you shouldn' t lose efficiency when backing the poundage off, right? Will a 70-80# Liberty backed off to 70# shoot the same as a 60-70# set at 70#? 75# Liberty should push the 500 grain arrow 264, 274 at 80#s... Can' t wait to draw one. At 70#, it' s about dead on with my Hornet.

Based on Kevin' s last post, I vaciliated back to the Pat VFT
Old 10-22-2003, 08:13 AM

Actually, I shot a MM instead of a Justice, we have changed the names so many times that I was confused as to the name of the bow I was shooting. SORRY[:' (]
I design bows and then sales & marketing name them, so I get confused sometimes as to what we are calling a certain bow.

I will test a Justice today and report results.

Kevin Strother
Old 10-22-2003, 08:47 AM

Kevin-

I' m curious what was done to the grip.

Any insight on the draw cycle of the Pro 40 DC & Pat DC would be great. I have a bum shoulder and the 03 Pat DC really took its toll on the shoulder this past summer so I had to give it up. I' m a speed freak, but with my shoulder I shoot 60lbers now and I can get 260fps @ 28.5" out of most bows with a 375gr arrow. I would like to push 280fps with one of your duallies (sorry not a big short a-a solocam fan), but don' t want to tear the shoulder apart. Recommendations?

Btw, thanks for everything.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:42 PM

Kevin,

Stop catering to those short draw guys. How about the same test but with 30” draw, and throw the Extreme VFT into the hunt.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:16 PM

I guess the cam lean is still present on the duallys, since no one is stating otherwise?

That said, I loved my ' 02 single cam patriots and am intrigued by the patriot VFT. When will local dealers be allowed to start taking orders for these puppies?
Old 10-22-2003, 05:42 PM

Thanks Kevin! I will have my order in sometime soon, probably around 2 weeks. Any idea on the shipping time for these babies?? Thanks again,

Timba
Old 10-22-2003, 08:38 PM

So what happened to the Tech-29? This was the bow I planned on getting after the current bow season. Seems to be the fastest short axle bow made.

Quick Reply: 2004 BOWTECH SPECS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.