Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Black Knight as a hunting bow?

Old 10-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Black Knight as a hunting bow?

Bill, this is just research into a next year purchase

There will be no Santa bow for me. Apparently I' ve been a bad bad boy. The wife keeps the old guy well informed...

I kinda already started the ball rolling. I told my brother he better start looking for someone to buy his bow (my old one) as he may need to buy mine this spring. I' m definitely gonna wait until the ' 04s hit to see what' s what. Who knows, perhaps I' ll get a used ' 03 at half price
Old 10-17-2003, 03:22 PM

Range,
There' s never a bad time to start laying the ground work. I have been doing that for several months now. Wife is ok with this one, but would most certainly frown on the second one. That' s why an 04 will be the Santa deal. I did like the BK.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:44 PM

Hey Range, BillL brought up a good point!! You need to work on your " ground" work[>:] What you do is " accidentally" run over your old bow with your huntin' truck and really put the sob story on the wife This close to the rut,,, she' ll let you go buy whatever you want if you can fake a tear or two
Old 10-18-2003, 09:27 AM

HOLY COW,,,with a 29" draw,you guys are getting some unreal KE !!!!!.You could shoot mechanical heads through a rino[]
Old 10-18-2003, 10:18 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

There is a reason they call the BK 2 the fastest bow on the planet!! Shoot one and see for yourself, or not. When you first start shooting them you can' t follow the arrow, you just hear it hit the target.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:46 AM

I stopped at a BowTech dealer over by me,about a month ago,,just to get a " feel" .I could' nt remember anything about them,from years past,,but had been hearing enough on the message board,to wan' t to take another look.
I drew the Extreme VFT a number of times.The draw cycle seemed ok,,nothing I could' nt get used to,,,,but what I found strange was, when I slowly started to let the bow down,,the vally seemed like it was 2" , " deep" .I would start to let the string forward,,waiting for the weight to come back on,,and it seemed to take a good 2" to get there.Is this normal ??,,or was it my imagination ??.
I have been shooting Mathews bows since 94' ,,,so I think I would have to shoot a BowTech,,to make my final decision.I AM in the market for a new bow,,a 2004' to be exact.I' m looking forward to the 2004' s,,like my kids are looking forward to X-MASS...
I' v got a MUCH longer wait [:-]
Old 10-19-2003, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Drop,

It sounds like the draw stop was set incorrectly. The guys up at my shop will often swap a mod for a particular person to try and set the draw stop appropriately. Then they put the old mod back on if the bow doesn' t sell and forget to move the stop.

You can really fine tune the valley to whatever you like on the I-cam.

Old 10-19-2003, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Range I tryed with mine but it has a very shalow valey and I find I have a tendancy to creep more when in the tree stand , It was very dificult to hold at full draw while in a tree . Out of a ground blind though I was deadly with it , got a nice doe last year with mine . Too bad you did' nt mention this earlyer I just sold mine for a song , in was a 28/60 . The thing just smoked arrows , and would put a bare shaft , feild tipped fletched shaft , and one with a muzzy , in the same hole . The only bow I' ve ever had that could do that . It was an 02 model and was a littel heavy allso . I know they lightened um up this year .